A "Different" kinda shack thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

I was thinking about posting pics of your shack, as-is, no "Clean-Ups", just how it 'really' is when you're using it, as I know many of you do a clean up before posting pics.

Here's how mine 'really' looks when in use!

haha

here ya go

messyshak002.jpg

messyshak001.jpg

swat

wheres the 3 day old Pizza Crust and cheap beer at LOL LMAO ((((nice radios man))))))

landonjensen

Do you have a whole gang charger for one saber?!

Rayjk110 said:
I was thinking about posting pics of your shack, as-is, no "Clean-Ups", just how it 'really' is when you're using it, as I know many of you do a clean up before posting pics.

Here's how mine 'really' looks when in use!

haha

here ya go

messyshak002.jpg

messyshak001.jpg

R

Rayjk110

Haha

Yes I do.

At the hamfest I got it at, they wanted $60 for a New-In-Box single radio charger, yet $40 for a used Rack charger.

So rack it up.

hah.

CqDx

Can you actually use the console for TX/RX? I'm very interested to know how you use your console!

Really nice setup you got there! :D

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
That console is just simply the most kick ass thing ive even seen in a shack. Makes my Zetron model 15A look like absolute crap. Nice Job!

R

Rayjk110

I'm in the process of trying to interface it to my Spectras at the moment.

However, I was able to salvage the Dispatch Mic Foot Pedal and Mic and interface it to my VHF Spectra, and it's much easier to multi-task with a foot PTT and use the computer at the same time!

Pretty cool.

car2back

awesome! looks kinda like the Centracom Compact I use at work :D

do you have the Central Electronics Bank that it inerfaces with?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
That particular console doesn't require a CEB. It can be configured for Tone Remote or DC Remote and IIRC, you can get a module to interface directly with the Astro Spectra.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
A "Different" kinda shack

in the second picture, to the right of your console, you have a radio sitting there with a bunch of buttons. What kind of radio is that? and where can I get one?

Pete

R

Rayjk110

Sorry I didn't see your first post as an answer to the question...

Yes, you are right. It has since been traded for a UHF MT2000 (MT2000 is an HT1000 with a display/keypad and 48 channels vs. 16)

gcgrotz

I love those white shelf thingies. I used to have a couple on my desk. One is now in the garage waiting for its turn to come back in the house.

I wonder though, is your shack so dirty you have to use that hand sanitizer afterwards? Does your wife make you use it when you go back to the rest of the house?? ;)

R

Rayjk110

Actually, I absolutely HATE having grease or anything like that on my radios...so if I decide to eat in my room (which I commonly do), I'll use that after I'm done eating before I even think of touching a radio.

I like my stuff clean :)

Status
Not open for further replies.