A dim bulb lights the way...y

Status
Not open for further replies.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
When I worked at 9-1-1 in Little Rock, I had 3 calls in the 15 years I worked there, where the excited person on the phone wanted to report that someone had stole his pot. Being the nice guy I am, I simple asked them to calm down for a second, then said to them "You know that 9-1-1 is located in the POLICE department, and I think I might have misunderstood you, you said someone stole your flower pot?" At this time all 3 of them said, "Nevermind". One called back later and said "Thanks man, that was really stupid of me". I laughed my butt off as did everyone else in the center when we played the recording back. None of us really gave a flip, and hey, if it was stolen, then it would just have wasted the cops time to go out there anyway.

I wish I had saved a recording of all those weird calls. Would have made a really good book.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; en-us; SAMSUNG SM-P605V Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.5 Chrome/28.0.1500.94 Safari/537.36)

Three more dim bulbs... great story. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.