A easy to use software program

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS8

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for an easy to use software program for a BCD996T.One that is all inclusive so I don't need to join a site for the frequencies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for an easy to use software program for a BCD996T.One that is all inclusive so I don't need to join a site for the frequencies.

There is no programming software that already "contains" the frequencies if that's what you are asking.

If you don't have a premium (paid) membership on this site, you can still access the database here on RR to look up what frequencies you need and enter them manually into the programming software.

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

If you choose to become a premium member here, the downloading and programming is a lot easier.

Check here for details on that:

Programming Your Scanner With the Web service

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber

...and you ask this on a site that has a premium subscription???? $30 is a small price to pay for the wealth of information available to you here. Bite the bullet, support the site and i'm sure that the members here will more than help you out.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
FDX's answer is quite good and correct

But to maybe offer a bit of help, or a work-around, FreeScan has "EZGrab" which will allow you to Copy and Paste large groups of Freq's or Talk Groups with minimal effort.

FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
I can't agree more. $30.00 is nothing for what you get here. I have been a member for several years now and plan on supporting this site as long as I can.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Another way to go about this (on the <ahem> cheap) is to ask for a file on the Virginia forum. Keep in mind that FreeScan can import UASD (Uniden Advanced System Director) and BuTel files directly. Be sure to be specific about having FreeScan; file formats aren't always compatible across platforms

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Do some searches, and you'll find that many radios have been totally f**** up by this software. In large measure, this was due to the wide distribution of this software to numerous RS stores who proceeded to use the software without having a clue as to how to use it. In addition it doesn't support all the radio it claims to correctly, and in my opinion, all too often it was rushed out the door to support a radio without proper testing. I did a review of SCL in its early stages over on Strong Signals.

In most cases (unfortunately not all), there are much better alternatives that do work a whole lot better- and some are free....

You might notice that the Scancat Yahoo group has pretty much died out - gee I wonder why?

Mike

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
ok i would have too agree with on that one what about trunkstar what do you know about that one i've seen the price i was like wtf that high for

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would also avoid that one like the plague. Even tho we have that linked in our wiki, there appears to be virtually no customer support anymore. There have been a few (very few, really) requests from folks here from users when there's questions, and there's been practically no response. It appears Sam Dunham who is the head honcho of Signal Intelligence has little or no interest in anything but the commercial side of things -- which is kinda understandable, since that's where the money is......Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.