A feature on the inexpensive Retekess V115 that Eton should consider in their next radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
There is a really inexpensive radio called the Retekess V115. It performs great on FM, is marginal on AM and less than exciting on SW. Now with that all said, it's MP3 playing and recording feature is awesome. It'll record off-air or by microphone, but the off-air recording feature would be great for DXers... if it was paired with a better receiver. Now the Retekess is $25.00, but I'd pay another $25.00-$40.00 just to have that single recording feature in a new version of the Eton Elite Executive as the Eton is a superior performer (in its class) for a SW portable (IMHO).

Wanted Feature.jpg

Being able to "go back" and verify a station ID, or furnish proof of a great DX catch would be so cool.

DXerPaulAK

There is a really inexpensive radio called the Retekess V115. It performs great on FM, is marginal on AM and less than exciting on SW. Now with that all said, it's MP3 playing and recording feature is awesome. It'll record off-air or by microphone, but the off-air recording feature would be great for DXers... if it was paired with a better receiver. Now the Retekess is $25.00, but I'd pay another $25.00-$40.00 just to have that single recording feature in a new version of the Eton Elite Executive as the Eton is a superior performer (in its class) for a SW portable (IMHO).

View attachment 119017

Being able to "go back" and verify a station ID, or furnish proof of a great DX catch would be so cool.

This is why i have a zoom h1 handheld digital recorder plug into the headphone jack of my tecsun pl880, wire goes form the headphone jack to the H1's input jack.. headphones are plugged into the h1's output jack... and i get audio even when im not recording

im not dependent on anyones recording feature built into the radio.. and the h1 allows me to select wether i want to record as a wav or mp3, what bitrate and adjust the recording volume.

a built in radio recording feature wont have all that

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I'm pondering << this unit >> at the moment. It's not the smallest, but it appears to be packed with features and has many inputs so I'd be able to use it in a variety of applications and with different radios. The build quality seems decent as well.

Sangean Unit.jpg

A PDF of the operating manual is << HERE >>

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
This should add a new level to my radio hobby, DXing and scanning. Now when I'm at work or otherwise not at home, I will not have to miss anything. Thanks for the suggestion @DXerPaulAK

Recorder & SD Card.png

DXerPaulAK

I'm pondering << this unit >> at the moment. It's not the smallest, but it appears to be packed with features and has many inputs so I'd be able to use it in a variety of applications and with different radios. The build quality seems decent as well.

View attachment 119255

A PDF of the operating manual is << HERE >>

That doesnt look very portable. the zoom h1 fits in my pants pocket with room left over.. not voice activated but i just press a button

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
That doesnt look very portable. the zoom h1 fits in my pants pocket with room left over.. not voice activated but i just press a button

You're right, it's not. In my case/use application I was not looking for portability. My criteria was something that would not fall off the headboard and hit me in the head, something with well organized buttons and a decent sized playback speaker... all while keeping it affordable. 99% of all my AM BCB DXing will be from one location, bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.