A Few (Newbie-ish) Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

so_responder

I am currently new to scanning and have just aquired a GRE PSR500 which I had programmed prior to shipping from Durham Radio, I've not recieved much in the way of transmissions from the (allegedly programmed Fleetnet II). Paramaters are there that I can see however when I check other threads for programming some things seem off. (i.e US not Canada bandplan, Hi and Lo in trunk tables differ, etc)

So my questions: (Forgive if the wrong place or otherwise incorrect in approach)

i) Is there anyone local to my area who would like to chat or bounce ideas about (Huntsville, ON)

ii) Does anyone have or can get and send (email, etc) the *.p500 file for my area to load via Win500 (This seems to be the easiest route)

iii) Can anyone alternately assist this newbie in proper programming for my area (Police, Fire, EMS, Etc)

I am sure I will have more in the future but in the meantime and in advance of the replies; Thank you very much and the patience is most appreciated.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the site, there is a ton of help on here.....you may get some smart ass responses on occasion but don't let that deter you. This site has great people with a lot of knowledge who should be able to help you. Good luck and don't get discouraged, the new systems for scanning are a lot different from the old days back in the early 80's

Gary

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am currently new to scanning and have just aquired a GRE PSR500 which I had programmed prior to shipping from Durham Radio, I've not recieved much in the way of transmissions from the (allegedly programmed Fleetnet II). Paramaters are there that I can see however when I check other threads for programming some things seem off. (i.e US not Canada bandplan, Hi and Lo in trunk tables differ, etc)

So my questions: (Forgive if the wrong place or otherwise incorrect in approach)

i) Is there anyone local to my area who would like to chat or bounce ideas about (Huntsville, ON)

ii) Does anyone have or can get and send (email, etc) the *.p500 file for my area to load via Win500 (This seems to be the easiest route)

iii) Can anyone alternately assist this newbie in proper programming for my area (Police, Fire, EMS, Etc)

I am sure I will have more in the future but in the meantime and in advance of the replies; Thank you very much and the patience is most appreciated.

The frequencies are US but trunking system is same.

Last edited:

so_responder

Thanks for the assist ... worked on some of the programming last night and figured a bit out, this should put me right to par. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.