A Few Newbie Start Up Questions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
A few P25RX Set Up Questions … since mine arrives Thursday …

1) The software says “Control Channel” … so where do the alternate channels go?

2) I live at the intersection of Troop E, Troop F and Troop K, I can hit any one of the three. If I drive 3 minutes west of my home I am in Troop F. If I drive 1 minute west from my Fire Station I am in Troop K. How can I set this up to hit all three sites?

3) Can the software support “zones” (for lack of a better term) for when I drive between three distinct “zones” in my region? Or do I need to hook the P25RX up to the laptop each time I change “zones” driving?

4) Can the P25RX be set up easily to roam?

5) Can the P25RX use the audio on my Toughbook when connected via USB?

I am very much looking forward to learning to most effectively use this device! It is nice when Christmas arrives in April.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
You can add alternate control channel frequencies in the "roaming" section. For your application, see this post:

You should be able to listen to the audio via your Toughbook over USB when running the BTConfig software.

cabletek73

I have a P25RX available if someone is looking to save a few bucks off a new / one not being available. > PM me please.<
I will update this post should it no longer be available. Great device btw, I find myself not using it as much as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.