A Few PSR Questions Unfound On search

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have a few questions about the PSR 500 that aren't answered or at least I haven't found answers on RR for then, Maybe someone on here can help...

1) When monitoring P25 systems Is it possible to get 100% reception on the data/network channels? I passed right by at least three P25 statewide towers today and the most signal I was able to get 99%, Is this normal?

also

2) Is it possible to hear someone on a digital P25 system without the presence of the Data Channel...In lamens terms, If I don't have the T on the screen or do not get any % on the data channels and am getting signal during manual, pause, and scan modes but the T is not flashing or not on the screen, Is it possible to hear any traffic or is it just a dead system? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks...

SCANMUNCIE

I know I have never got 100% .. My office is approximately 150 feet from a tower site i monitor and i have only got 99%

Outside of that i can't really answer your question as i don't know.. just my personal experience

mikey60

I have a few questions about the PSR 500 that aren't answered or at least I haven't found answers on RR for then, Maybe someone on here can help...

1) When monitoring P25 systems Is it possible to get 100% reception on the data/network channels? I passed right by at least three P25 statewide towers today and the most signal I was able to get 99%, Is this normal?

The radio only uses to places for the decode level, so the highest level it's able to display is 99%. It may very well be actually getting a 100% decode at that point, but it will still only display the 99%.

2) Is it possible to hear someone on a digital P25 system without the presence of the Data Channel...In lamens terms, If I don't have the T on the screen or do not get any % on the data channels and am getting signal during manual, pause, and scan modes but the T is not flashing or not on the screen, Is it possible to hear any traffic or is it just a dead system? Can anyone shed some light on this?

There's two possibilities here. Either you're missing a control channel frequency, or you have it set to the incorrect system type if it is indeed a trunked system. You could try scanning the frequencies in conventional mode as well and see if they are maybe using them that way.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.