A few SDS200/100 Sentinel Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOwl326

How does one use the same favorites for both radios since it asks the first time using sentinel which one you have? How does one swap back and forth in the software to tell it 100 or 200 for all functions plus firmware etc?

Any vastly improved portable antenna to replace the one on it (SDS100) or is it as good as any.? If there is a better one point me to what it is PLEASE!

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
How does one use the same favorites for both radios since it asks the first time using sentinel which one you have? How does one swap back and forth in the software to tell it 100 or 200 for all functions plus firmware etc?
Under the File Menu, you can create separate Profiles for your SDS100 and SDS200. In each profile you can edit many settings, including favorite lists.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much. In there a way to rename an existing profile?
While it's not exactly the same as a straight up 'renaming', you can use "Save As" (from the drop down File menu) to give the active profile a new name. Note that you can rename a Favorites list, but not a profile, other than saving it under a new name.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber

Any vastly improved portable antenna to replace the one on it (SDS100) or is it as good as any.? If there is a better one point me to what it is PLEASE!

The stock antenna isn't bad but getting a appropriate tuned antenna helps. You should get a antenna that is optimized for your primary listening. Where I am at, I am mainly listening to Public Safety/EMS and they operate on a 800MHz system and I don't change antennas a lot, so I am using the Remtronix REM-810S 800MHz antenna in SMA. In the rare occasion I do need to travel, I do like swapping to the stock antenna (but keeping the Remotronix around) for low band and things not in 800MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.