a few simple questions about the pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
hello all id like know how many freq can u put in a scan list ?

and 2nd can you change the audio alert tones like 2chirp to be quieter for night situations?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber

and 2nd can you change the audio alert tones like 2chirp to be quieter for night situations?

A LOT!
I've put all the Colorado DTRS control channels (a large number) in a single scan list and had some leftover memory for TGs.

The limit isn't really "number of channels" - it's "how much memory did you use."
If you have the radio and the software try the experiment for yourself.

2nd question - I don't know.

kamikaze1

Premium Subscriber
okay thanx i just wanna make a scan list for one just railroad and the rest fill them up with trunked p25 and other freq so at night i can listen to railroad only can anyone confirm that its 1800 per scanlist or is it more

K3HY

Premium Subscriber

I use the free software IDTracker III for controlling the scanner after I have programmed it with Win500, PSRedit or ARC500 etc.

I don't program those alerts with the programming software.

IDTrackerIII has it's alert tones that get sent to the computer audio and not the speakers of the radio.
Therefore your computer controls the alert tone volume.

IDTrackerIII only has 2 different type alert tones, so that might not be enough for you.

If you use one of those other 3 just for programming and use IDTrackerIII just for controlling the scanner, I think you won't be disappointed. .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

You can choose from 7 different alert tones.

Chirp, Hi-Lo, Alert, Ring, 2-Chirp, Fast Hi-Lo, or DTMF #.

Some are quieter than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.