A few unusual events scanning in Savannah & Macon, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Traveling this week in my work.

A few out of the ordinary things this week.

1. Savannah-Chatham Metro PD officer calls in his vehicle was struck in a hit & run.
Not a marked unit. Either his P.O.V. or an undercover since he advised he was driving a red pick-up. He followed until more units came in and made a stop. He did sound kind of amazed on the radio.

2. A white Mercedes was reported to be traveling at 90-MPH on one of the main thoroughfares of Savannah during the morning commute Wednesday. The "complainant" was driving a plain silver Chevy Impala. Unfortunately for the Mercedes, the "complainant" was a Major of the Savannah PD. Metro PD units caught up quickly. Never heard the driver's info run but they did ask for a wrecker.

3. Macon, Ga tonight... MPD must have been making some kind of sweep. They had their Info-Check channel buzzing. A Macon officer ran 8 subjects on one request. 2 of those had warrants from Bibb County S.O.

One final goody.... Twiggs County, GA along I-16 stopped a white Crown Vic. Twiggs S.O. had three in custody. The fourth guy no wants. As I passed by there was a large black plastic bag next to the car. If those weren't dirty clothes, their behinds are grass. No pun intended.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Overheard While Scanning

Julian:

I've always heard truth is stranger than fiction. That's what makes scanning so entertaining. You really can't make this stuff up. Like yesterday - I heard a local agency dispatch a call to the PD of a vehicle on I-285 driven by a white male, driving erractically and having trouble staying in his lane. Heck, that description fits probably 50% of the people on I-285.

Hope you're doing well. Let's have lunch.

Mike
Metrofire31

CapStar362

please dont remind me about 285 drivers.....

anyone know what happened to 75South today? 2 news birds ( helos) Clayton PD Bird and traffic backed up to the airport from SR138 Exit in Henry County!!

Status
Not open for further replies.