a friendly shove in the right direction....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughjorgen

alright,so Im postin for the first time on this sight and Im sure I aint as savvy as most of you MIT graduates, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few issues Im having here? Ive never had one problem until the day I tried to get on Radio Ref. via my new Android/ samsung sph- m910 cell phone. A whole fuc.... I mean stinkin week later I still havent done it. I think I know whats gotta be done but my phone says its not capable of downloading the adobe flash player 11 that this site pops up to me when I try to listen to live feeds on it. I see the site and I even get as far as entering thename of the county sometimes but I cant download whatever it is I need top actually listen to the cop scanner. What am I doing wrong or what could I do to remedy this. Obviously some kind of flash player, but what where and why.

2nd: If im sittin in minneapolis listening to the hennepin county (thats minneapolis's countys name) cop scans, what kind of a delay am I lookin at? Meaning, if Im robbin a bank and listenin for nthe call to go out, realistically, how long before it hits my ears? Now the bank thing was a joke, but my question isnt. Thanks fellas.

w2xq

Mentor
You have to get the Adobe Flash player from the Google Market, not this site. Best browser app for Android: Dolphin HD. For streaming audio, I prefer TuneIn Radio app that includes many PSB audio streams. That lets me run multiple apps inc browser at the same time. Ibid, from Market. Re streaming audio delays on RR, search out the many threads in the forum related to programming, audio et. If nothing else, there are internet circuit delays: servers, multiple hops, cellular speed, sunspots and ?. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.