A Good Cable for the 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I just discovered this cable is not suitable for use with the 800. I just hooked it up earlier and it was showing it was charging. I tried running the radio on it just now and the display light was flickering & the sound was horrible. It seems like there's too big of a voltage drop or something. GRE has a replacement cable for $13.99. That's the way I'll be going now. Sorry about the misinformation,

TedRHayes

Angled Cables for PSR-800

I found a source for some angled cable mini-usb adaptors that work real well with my PSR-800. You can see them at:
Angled - Mini-B Extensions

They "click" on to a straight mini-usb cable (they require more than just a gentle pull to separate once connected). You can get whatever angle works best for your given use. I got the 12in lengths.

Might want to give them a try.

Ted

zzdiesel

What is the round thing that is on the 800's usb cable. The new cable I bought probably doesn't work because it doesn't have that thing. I want an extra cable but not one as short as the original.

jackj

I bought a 6' one from Amazon, the price was around $4. Works fine with my 91¢ Wall Wart from e-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.