A good triplexer that won't break the bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I was given three Tram mobile to base mounts with ground planes. I would like to try vertical mobile antennas in the 154, 460 and 800 range combined for my base. Most triplexers I see cut off at 150 Mhz on the low band. What would be a good quality triplexer that is not super expensive to cover the freqs mentioned? Thanks in advance.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I'm going to watch this thread in earnest because, while I haven't done what the OP wants to do, it is one of my "dreams". I've always wanted optimized antennas fed into one scanner, love to see how this works out!

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I think I will go with PCRGUYS triplexer suggestion. Mostly because no cable limits. I would like to keep the antennas seperated a bit. here are the frebies I got. TRAM 1465 Land Mobile Base Ground Plane Kit . I will buy a similar ground type mount for the 800 band with a N connector.Now just ot figure out the antennas. I see MaxRads that need no ground plane that are 3.5 db and with a ground plane 5 db. I think with the 154 and four sixty I will use them, for the 800 I will use a small gain mobile due to the strong signals here.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Ok i have the antennas ordered, a both high gain maxrads for 150 and 460. Now a couple of weeks for the 800 mount and antenna. Then a week after comes the triplexer.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I went for it and broke the bank looking to get everthing installed this weekend, but no joy. I got my OTA and FM antenna from solid signal in two days with standard shipping,got all my connectors,tools ect from amozon in two days, ordered my stuff from antenna farm last thursday and finally got a note that it all shipped and will be delivered by 4/8/2014. I hope thy are wrong and it will show up tomorrow,but I guess they are in no hurry to get stuff out. My OTA can be finished this weekend, but my scanner setup will have to wait. I have the Tram mobile to base ground planes, a MUF 450 maxrad and a Diamond mx3000 Triplexor. Sure would like to find the Maxrad 150 and the Maxrad800 and ground plane on my door tomorrow.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I set up my OTA this weekend,and while I was on the ladder I mounted one of the Tram mobil to base mounts. I stll do not have my antennas so I took my larsen tribander and put it on. WOW. I tried my locals and they were great. Then I went to the north Carolina stuff I have programmed ans to my suprise I get counties and agencies from 60 miles away. Viper loud and clear, henderson county the same, Buncombe county crystal clear. As the crow flies Buncombe is 55 miles from me with lots of high mountains in between. Can't wait for my band specific antennas and my triplexer to get setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.