A great forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Just a question here but what does it take for a updates here, I am in Snohomish county Washington and I see updates to the system that i enjoy listing to, But I do not believe that they are valid, I believe that when updates are made to your great web resource that they should be verified by more then one user as it could mislead someone that would love getting the most out of there scanners, it is still fun disproving what is posted, but given the fact that a lot of people are new to scanners and radio communication "Trunking Systems" I believe that more than one person submitting information should be a prerequisite for posting updates to your great web resource.

Thanks for your great web resource

fireant

I have found alot of the information in the databases to be very accurate. Your suggestion would lead to alot of work having to keep up with various post to verify the information. The database admins already have alot of work. Also what if no one else is interested in listening to the systems or areas you are you could miss out on some valuable frequencies. Just don't agree if the information is submitted it should be posted it can always be corrected.

fireant

D

DaveNF2G

Maybe a reliability level could be assigned to the data as it is entered. Updates from a single user whose experience or expertise is not familiar to the admins could be assigned a low value and submissions from multiple users or from known reliable sources could be tagged higher.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This topic has come up among the admins in the past. The "ultimate" solution evades us at the moment; however, the use of "regional admins" (those responsible for certain areas only) does help in this regard. In addition, it does not take too long before a submitter who provides "bad" data is identified and usually from that point on, subsequent submissions are ignored.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Thanks Mr. Maag for you and all of your fellow Admin people for having put in a tireless effort in building one best web resource's that can be found on the web in helping people get the most of the radio receiving and transmitting equipment that they and I have bought.

73's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.