• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

A-hole TERMINATED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiMULi

I think it is a crime against humanity that we sent 2 high explosive bombs to kill this man of his people.

We should of NUKED HIM!

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Balance

kb2vxa said:
"...had the British killed Washington would you have given up and would you all be British subjects now."

You guys in your comparison with George Washington and terrorists. :roll: Take a damn collage course on American history please. If you had you must not of learned anything.

When you decide to compare patriots to terrorists, who are not in even the mosts remote sense like terrorists, your thought becomes one of a terrorists. Your comparison is like saying the patriots and militia of the revolution who fought mostly in lines and in tactics were terrorists.

Your understanding of the past is questionable and is most not important to this matter of fact that we terminated an A-hole!

If you were under his knife, would you call out and say. "Ah hell let him kill me more will follow anyway we can't combat this." That is a miserable outlook to a problem of which now prevails.(It always has) This is the sense I get from these postings. That is they and you don't give a damn about eliminating evil or you wish to (in a lighter sense of the word) be anti-American on the whole mess we are fighting against.

kb2vxa said:
Frankly I don't quite understand all the cause celebre when for every terrorist killed there are ten kids lined up to take his place. Then again it's all a matter of POV, they view Israel and it's principal ally the US as terrorists. In WW2 the Germans viewed the Underground as terrorists, there's a fine line between a terrorist and a freedom fighter. Good guy or bad guy? P-O-V!
What in grabastic sand worm slim are you talking about? Please don't respond your history is once again irrelevant and has no meaning once so ever. :roll:

(Even more blunt paragraph ahead beware!)

Do you think we should bend over and grab our ankles? Let all the radicals screw their own county men? Let them turn the world into a slim pot full of CK sucker lies. Let the radical so called leaders sit upon a thrown to watch us all bleed and starve in a controlled world of radical Islam?

This is what you want it seems. We don't stop fighting, we never wil stop fighting, this is how it is and always was! Understand??? I repeat, Good against evil! This is the plain truth.

Maybe I need to start my own cell against these SOBs. Sounds like a formidable plan right? Or would this too not work out? I mean you guys are the experts on counter terrorism it seems. Gess, after all this time we just had to look to Washington for the answer. :roll: I hope you can understand what I'm saying here.

kb2vxa said:
OK, flame the hell out of me just because I'm not a sheep following the rest of the flock, I can think for myself and take no sides. Wowie Zowie Za... what's his name? Who cares? You've seen one you've seen them all.
So why post if you can feel the heat near your........?

Are you sure your not a sheep? How about a black sheep? Maybe your the wolf. Wheres the shepherds? and just what is their agenda? (Think real hard about this.)

There is a constant and ever present balance to everything.

This I know to be certain for example, there is a night and day and this is what we all call life.

Who would like nothing more to take it away and tilt the scale?

Hmm, cause and effect.

Last edited:

John_M

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson

(This didn't come from me. It came from a friend of mine. He can go on and on about history, to me I find it a little boring.)

Last edited:

John_M

kb2 Wrote:

Frankly I don't quite understand all the cause celebre when for every terrorist killed there are ten kids lined up to take his place.
Oh yeh for every General of ours that they kill there are ten of our privates to take his place.

(No disrespect to our privates intended.)

Last edited:

rhutch

poltergeisty said:
You guys in your comparison with George Washington and terrorists. :roll: Take a damn collage course on American history please. If you had you must not of learned anything.

When you decide to compare patriots to terrorists, who are not in even the mosts remote sense like terrorists, your thought becomes one of a terrorists. Your comparison is like saying the patriots and militia of the revolution who fought mostly in lines and in tactics were terrorists.

Your understanding of the past is questionable and is most not important to this matter of fact that we terminated an A-hole!

If you were under his knife, would you call out and say. "Ah hell let him kill me more will follow anyway we can't combat this." That is a miserable outlook to a problem of which now prevails.(It always has) This is the sense I get from these postings. That is they and you don't give a damn about eliminating evil or you wish to (in a lighter sense of the word) be anti-American on the whole mess we are fighting against.

What in grabastic sand worm slim are you talking about? Please don't respond your history is once again irrelevant and has no meaning once so ever. :roll:

(Even more blunt paragraph ahead beware!)

Do you think we should bend over and grab our ankles? Let all the radicals screw their own county men? Let them turn the world into a slim pot full of CK sucker lies. Let the radical so called leaders sit upon a thrown to watch us all bleed and starve in a controlled world of radical Islam?

This is what you want it seems. We don't stop fighting, we never wil stop fighting, this is how it is and always was! Understand??? I repeat, Good against evil! This is the plain truth.

Maybe I need to start my own cell against these SOBs. Sounds like a formidable plan right? Or would this too not work out? I mean you guys are the experts on counter terrorism it seems. Gess, after all this time we just had to look to Washington for the answer. :roll: I hope you can understand what I'm saying here.

So why post if you can feel the heat near your........?

Are you sure your not a sheep? How about a black sheep? Maybe your the wolf. Wheres the shepherds? and just what is their agenda? (Think real hard about this.)

There is a constant and ever present balance to everything.

This I know to be certain for example, there is a night and day and this is what we all call life.

Who would like nothing more to take it away and tilt the scale?

Hmm, cause and effect.
The British looked at the Americans during the war as uncivilized and barbarians because they fought a guerilla type war against them and for the most part wouldn't come out and fight on the battle field honourably. Maybe your problem is you've only taken American history, maybe you should try some World history you might get a bigger view of the world.

I like how you say "we", just a question when were you in Iraq and with what unit? Exactly what part in the war on Iraq have you participated in.

Like I said earlier don't give me any of this crap that the US gives one **** about Iraqi citizens. I made the point earlier, and I see you really didn't have any response for it, other than babble incoherently about history which you have demonstrated you have no knowledge of.

Unlike yourself I'm not struck on the "right" or "wrong" of it because it's niether. War like most every other human endevours, it is not simply black and white.

I always find it funny that the biggest hawks are the people who have never served, who sit on the sidelines like cheerleaders.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
rhutch said:
I always find it funny that the biggest hawks are the people who have never served, who sit on the sidelines like cheerleaders.
Mr. rhutch, I served 23 years and disagree with every post you have made in many forums on this kind of topic.

I find it ironic how you always have a condescending comment to nearly every post to which you respond. I.e. this previous to poltergeisty:
rhutch said:
Maybe your problem is you've only taken American history, maybe you should try some World history you might get a bigger view of the world.
How could you possibly know this? How is it that you are the only one educated in this world?

Let me add the following to my World history resume.
Since turning 19 in 1956, I have been in 5 continents and countries within as follows:
North America – 3 countries
South America – 5 countries
Europe – 12 countries
Asia – 7 countries
Africa – 2 countries
Plus
Central America – 3 countries
Island countries as follows:
Mediterranean – 7
Indian Ocean – 1 Diego Garcia
Atlantic Ocean – 21 (including Gitmo several times and once for three years)
Pacific Ocean – 8
And the two way up North Atlantic islands of Greenland and Island.

I’ve been both inside (Magellan Strait) and outside of Cape Horn, as Great Horned Shellback twice, Inchoped/outchoped more then a dozen times at Gibraltar. I have also been above 70 degrees north (Blue Nose) and 57 degrees south.

In 1957, I sunbathed on the wing of a navy P2 Neptune in Beirut while refueling and briefing for the next mission, and again sunbathed on the wing of a P3 Orion in Da Nang 9 years later for the same reason.

Many times over the 23 years, I have seen suffering of oppressed people and often worked with others in my unit to assist in recovery efforts from natural disaster.

BTW, many times over those years of traveling this globe I would recall my highschool World History studies.

Let me ask a real question of your astutely informed mind…what have you done for this world beside *****ing?

amusement

Thank you for serving Stimuli.

Nope, didn't hear a body slam. Just crickets in the background.

poltergeisty

rhutch,

Once again, comparing people who were freeing them selves from a monarchy is not going to come close to them being called terrorists. Maybe you should say terrorists are like the Mongols. That would be a little better spoken in your claim of past knowledge.

Barbarians? So you do know a little of the past. :lol: I doubt you will understand.

I can't understand how you can possibly think what I know or what I have done. You clearly must take me for an idiot, it's why you post know it all "crap".

If you haven't already, I highly doubt you had. Read The books Art of War by Sun Tzu and a Tale of Two Citys by Charles Dickens. Then Maybe you can lay your claim to past fame. capeesh? http://www.gutenberg.org/

{A fool falsely interprets the past for the present and its outcome. A wise man knows the truth to his enemys past and interprets them for the present outcome.}

Poltergeisty​

Last edited:

jimyleg

fmon said:
Mr. rhutch, I served 23 years and disagree with every post you have made in many forums on this kind of topic.

I find it ironic how you always have a condescending comment to nearly every post to which you respond. I.e. this previous to poltergeisty: How could you possibly know this? How is it that you are the only one educated in this world?

Since turning 19 in 1956, I have been in 5 continents and countries within as follows:
Europe – 12 countries
Asia – 7 countries
Africa – 2 countries
Plus
Mediterranean – 7
Pacific Ocean – 8

I’ve been both inside (Magellan Strait) and outside of Cape Horn, as Great Horned Shellback twice, Inchoped/outchoped more then a dozen times at Gibraltar. I have also been above 70 degrees north (Blue Nose) and 57 degrees south.

In 1957, I sunbathed on the wing of a navy P2 Neptune in Beirut while refueling and briefing for the next mission, and again sunbathed on the wing of a P3 Orion in Da Nang 9 years later for the same reason.

Many times over the 23 years, I have seen suffering of oppressed people and often worked with others in my unit to assist in recovery efforts from natural disaster.

BTW, many times over those years of traveling this globe I would recall my highschool World History studies.

Let me ask a real question of your astutely informed mind…what have you done for this world beside *****ing?
Yew! Way to go man, It sounded pretty sweet. !j!

rhutch

fmon said:

I find it ironic how you always have a condescending comment to nearly every post to which you respond. I.e. this previous to poltergeisty: How could you possibly know this? How is it that you are the only one educated in this world?

Europe – 12 countries
Asia – 7 countries
Africa – 2 countries
Plus
Mediterranean – 7
Pacific Ocean – 8

Great I'm glad you served, it truly does seem that you got to see the world. You disagree with me that's fine too, we are all entitled to our own opinions. As for being condescending problably but unfortunately that's what most of these debates end up in (just look at your own post).

To answer your question I've done a lot, do you want a list, I've constructed hospitals, homes, schools, roads, factories. I've started up factories, taught, designed and built products, I've lead organizations, I too servered in the military but didn't see any combat due to the times in which I served (weren't at war with anyone), I've made friends, I'm not going to waste anymore time on this as I believe you really didn't want to know or care. I believe most have done a lot for the world, even those I disagree with.

It's called debating or discussing an issue, just because someone disagrees with your poiint of view doesn't make it *****ing. I guess you'd prefer if it was just a board of people that agreed with everything someone said, what a boring board that would be.

Poltergeisty- I have read both Dickens and Art of War, what's your point? That is how the British viewed the Americans during the war, just because you disagree doesn't make it so. capeesh?

For those others with their "SLAM". I don't think so Fortunately unlike some on here I have a thick skin and personal attacks don't really sway my thinking. No one has yet made any arguement in my mind as to why they think the killing of Zarqwei is going to make that big of a difference (which what the original debate was about) and I'm sure all those killed since his death would agree that it didn't do much for them.

Yes It was crickets, have to sleep sometime.

poltergeisty

Slam

Your like junk mail. Go Away!!!

Thick skin and skull. :lol:

Once again, Patriots are not terrorists.

So we agree to disagree on the past.

When Independence day is celebrated here soon. I know and my neighbors know that the people who fought for this countrys independence certainly were not terrorists, not even in your view by the British monarchy.

Every crack of a firework I will hear will be the slam echoing throghout this country towards people with your type of thought process.

Good day.

Last edited:
As usual please try to read the actual post, I never said all Iraquis are against you, because if they were you would already have lost.
No, even if they were ALL against us their main weapon is blowing themselves up and they would lose because they'd be taking at least double the casualties we would. Not to mention an M-16 can mow down even the toughest armored camel. Technology may not be the solution to everything, but it damn sure comes close.

jimyleg

dr. perzisnky just said on a telivised discussuion of the presidents speach that we cannot do what british did in the 1920's..

Status
Not open for further replies.