A la cart UNIDEN???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
UPMan said:
I also get some great surprises when I see features we've just decided to develop (after months of discussion) suddenly start being discussed on these boards.

OK Lindsay, he's on to us. Time to remove the bug we had placed in his office...

-AZ

p.s. Asia... I'm so jealous... you suck for not letting me sneak over there in your suitcase.

Viper43

Just because they are not a vendor doesn't mean they couldn't be checking out the competition, or their name may be different as it may me an offshoot company.
Thats it...dirt Devil.... Upmans checking out vaccum cleaners and making a vaccum cleaner thats also a scanner......lol

Viper43

Now wait, I came up with that Dirt Devil Scanner.....lol, Better have digital and one heck of a headphone (ie race scanner headphones)

My neighbor gave me a hard time today. I was out mowing the back yard on the rider, had the scanner on and the racing headphones, never did hear her yelling.... but I sure noticed them when her 13 year old daughter threw a football at me.... she turned 13 yesterday, almost didn't make to 13 and 2 days :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, let me make sure I got this right. You guys are asking us to come out with a scanner that sucks?

Viper43

sheeesh, I'm still laughing about that one Upman :)

Actually what I think would be neat is a car stereo/scanner that works both at the same time, when a transmission comes across the scanner it could lower the stereo volume or mute it, that would be great for trips!

SCPD

QRT
rdale said:
Why would he fly there to test it? Can't imagine too many APCO P25 systems or mixed modes in that part of the world :) Wouldn't it make more sense for them to spend $10 to ship one over vs $5000 to fly UPMan out?

Ok, Unden's got Apco 25 beat, how about addressing some of the new digital formats were now hearing or NOT. What about MotoTRBO TDMA, let's move forward boyz.

Hong Kong eh, Paul? Make sure you check out "Joe Bananas" bar at 23 Luard Rd, Wanchai. They may still have my picture on the wall from the jug drinking contest. Oh, those were the days...well, enough thread hijacking for today!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ah, well I am leaving in a couple of hours, so no chance to go Bananas. Didn't even get to go to my favorite dive...Ned Kelly's Last Stand in Tsim Sha Tsui.

And no, no one is walking on my back.

manross

Viper43 said:
I tried to sneak along but he wouldn't stick me in his luggage :(

That's because I was already in there !!!!:D Man you should see some of the things I saw at the fair, but I've been sworn to secrecy......... :twisted:

Marty

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
UPMan said:
Ok, let me make sure I got this right. You guys are asking us to come out with a scanner that sucks?

LOL!!!! Try not to think of it that way - more like a scanner that the wife will actually be happy you're buying. It could be a vacuum, or an iron, or some other household appliance men wouldn't normally want to mess with.

How about a scanner that will automatically tune your TV to the lifetime channel - that way she'll be too busy watching "your man will beat you in your sleep and then cheat on you with your babysitter" movies to notice you're listening to the scanner AGAIN.

EDIT: Some of the replies in this thread are AWESOME. This gets my vote for Best RR Thread of 2007.
-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.