A little confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser22

Hi guys, I'm a little new with my gre 500. I was succesfully able to listen to mixed mode systems and listen to RCMP. I'm confused about all this TSYS TGRP nonsence lol. I created a TSYS and called it Aliant Trunked. Because its the Aliant TMRS for my province. I then created TGRP's that are assigned to this TSYS. Heres where I'm confused. I looked up all the repeater frequencys for different areas and I'd like to enter those in to get better reception and sort of roam throughout different repeaters whilst I travel, I can receive 3 of these towers very clearly but I'm wondering do I have to create a seperate TSYS for each area and program in the respective repeater frequencies? Or can I just program in a bunch under one TSYS and keep the TGRP's assigned to just one TSYS. I really hope im not confusing anyone.
Thanks!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Assuming you mean Aliant Trunked Mobile Radio System (TMRS) Trunking System, Province-Wide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies. Program up to 32 red and blue frequencies (Controls and Alt Controls) per TSYS. Match TGRP's to each TSYS.

You may desire to program a TSYS and use talkgroup associated with that frequency grouping. Then program subsequent TSYS/TGRP listings. All TGRP's can be in same scanlist but they must be tied to a TSYS. However, this scanner may be best used by setting TGRP's to scanlist by agency of use.

A programming shortcut for scanner can be found below my signature.

bowser22

okk i kinda get it. I can program a bunch of frequencies for different counties under one TSYS then program in my talkgroups and group by agencies through the use of scanlists.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
okk i kinda get it. I can program a bunch of frequencies for different counties under one TSYS then program in my talkgroups and group by agencies through the use of scanlists.
Not Counties but Towers of a system (TSYS) if you're using the reference in my previous post.

The programming shortcut is fairly clear on how to program. Your system (TSYS) is not VHF/UHF so ignore anything regarding them.

CBFD

I put all 32 cc in each tsys and then load each agency TG's...

so bank 1 is all police and bank 2 is ehs and so on...

also I sell these rigs and program them as well and Im close to Bridgewater NS if you need help in the programming.

email me littlemac@eastlink.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.