A little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
Ok here is my problem i have put the frequencies in as per this Luzerne County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference for my area,and for some reason the live feed here Luzerne County, Pennsylvania (PA) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com is broadcasting feeds i don't have.What am i missing?hope i explained it ok.
A lot depends on where you are located, and what antenna(rubber duck vs outside ant) you are using. As an example of #1, if you are listening to Luzerne County Police (Zone E South), Fire (South), and Hazleton Police, and you live in WB and or northern LC, you will not hear any Hazelton dispatches. Similarly, you may not hear much that is on Eastern Columbia and Western Luzerne Police, Fire, and EMS. There are other examples, so be sure to check the listed area covered, and you may be able determine what you are missing and why.
What I CAN tell you is that the data on LC in our database is 99% accurate and up-to-date, so if you are missing things, it is probably because you have a rubber duck, and are not close enough to the area in question.

Last edited:

coalcracker

Thank you for your fast reply captclint,im in wilkes barre city and the one that is bugging me the most is luzerne county police-wilkes-barre city and zone b.I am useing a radio shack 404 with a Diamond antenna.Im sure its me missing a number or something im still very new to this.thanks again

coalcracker

i just cant seem to figure out what freq the live feed is on for luzerne county police-wilkes-barre city and zone b its the fifth one down im stumped

captclint

Mentor
i just cant seem to figure out what freq the live feed is on for luzerne county police-wilkes-barre city and zone b its the fifth one down im stumped
I don't listen to life feeds, but this is what I believe it would cover:
154.8450 Wilkes Barre Police 1
154.8000 Wilkes Barre Police 2
155.9700 Wilkes Barre Police 3 Tactical (you may not pick this up since it is car to car)
151.2650 County PD Zone-B Central East

Don't forget that if you have a 100 or more frequencies in your scanner besides these, it will take a couple of seconds to get through them all, whereas the live feed only has 4, so it will get stuff you miss because you are still scanning other freq.

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
Well, you have caught my attention. I listened to the WB and Zone B feed, and there is a frequency that I can't identify, and it is not one of those listed. It appears to have Hanover and WB Twsp, but it is NOT Zone B. You were right. I will be working on this. I've asked the Feed provider, but anyone else that can identify the frequencies on this feed is welcome to jump in.

Last edited:

fuzzymoto

Premium Subscriber
I noted the same during the flooding a few months ago but haven't had time to track it down. It would be helpful to know what frequencies the feed provider is monitoring. At the time I had three scanners in operation, all in range of WB and I was still hearing other transmissions on the feed not being caught by my scanners.

Last edited:

NgoraSweatr

Just some guy, ya know?
This is why I am glad feed providers like the one that runs Eastern Columbia and Western Luzerne Police, Fire, and EMS puts what they are scanning right on the feed info.

Status
Not open for further replies.