A little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsmannj

Just got an 996XT pre programed with local channels including NYC. I know how to lock out channels but how do I lock out whole banks?

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The 996XT doesn't have 'banks'.

It has 'Systems', 'Sites' within systems, and 'Groups' within either systems or sites.

You can lock out groups, or sites, or individual talkgroups/frequencies.

DJ88

1 - Tap the menu button - Program System should be highlighted. Tap E
2 - Scroll (Turning the big knob) to highlight the New York City system and tap E.
3 - Scroll to highlight Edit System Option and tap E.
4 - Scroll to highlight Set Lockout and tap E
5 - Scroll to highlight Lockout and tap E.
Done

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully whoever set it up for you assigned Quick Keys to the different systems. In that case, to turn on/off the system you would tap its Quick Key while scanning. However, without knowing more specifically how the scanner is set up, it is difficult to provide any specific instructions for doing that.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone point me to an understandable way of using Group Quick Keys? I have my bcd396xt programmed into groups within systems right now, but have assigned the groups the same quick key number as their parent system. The result is that I have an "all or nothing" situation for the different towns I go through...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Groups Quick Keys (GQKs) are completely independent from System/Site/Search Quick Keys (SQKs).

To enable / disable systems/sites/searches assigned to a particular SQK, press the SQK while scanning (or for SQKs 10-99, press ./no + 2-digit SQK).

To enable / disable a channel group within a specific system, press F+GQK while scanning that system. GQK enable / disable only affects the channels group(s) in the system you are currently scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.