A little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinto

Good afternoon all. Well I am making the switch from the BCD246t to the PRO 96 for the digital capabilities. I had a friend program my last scanner and I want to program this one myself. I will download and use the win96 software. Please correct me if I am wrong but from this site I will download the excel file then upload it to win96. Is this the same with the talk groups also? I would also appreciate some guidance on the State Police Freqs also. Should I upload all of them or can someone tell me what I need for the greater Hartford and middletown area.

Thanks in advance

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Chinto said:
Good afternoon all. Well I am making the switch from the BCD246t to the PRO 96 for the digital capabilities. I had a friend program my last scanner and I want to program this one myself. I will download and use the win96 software. Please correct me if I am wrong but from this site I will download the excel file then upload it to win96. Is this the same with the talk groups also? I would also appreciate some guidance on the State Police Freqs also. Should I upload all of them or can someone tell me what I need for the greater Hartford and middletown area.

Thanks in advance

You can import all the frequencies and talkgroups that you need from this site using the Win96 software if you are a paying member of radioreference. You will probably want Troops H, F, K and I. Just get the control channels for these troops plus the talkgroups that interest you. Otherwise you can copy and paste from Xcel into Win96. Go to starrsoft.com or the help file with Win96 for instructions on how do do all this.

B.K.

bobmich52

My Suggestion Would Be To Program ALL Of The CSP & TG'S

Lock out The Barracks You Don't Need, Keep The Other TG'S Open SWCONN, Traffic/Private Call Etc, I Noticed That All The Barracks Tend To Operate On Most Of Them Depending On The Situation

For My 996/396, I Have Troop K/C/H/W Barracks & Car To Car Open & Seperate From The Rest Of The Barracks In One Bank/Group Etc.

Specialty TG'S In Seperate Bank/ Group

The Rest Of The Barracks In A Locked Out Seperate Bank/Group, So If I Travel In That Particular Area,EASY To Unlock & Listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.