A little Off Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone else uses the Phone App "Scanner Radio". It was around before the Broadcastify App was released.

Anyway. I'm rambling. My memory must be playing trick on me. I was thinking that at one time, the "Scanner Radio" App would actually show the Talk Group that was actually broadcasting.

Example: If you were listening the the overall group: Anderson County, Fire and EMS, Anderson City and Iva Police

it would show the actual TGID: 41019 (as an example)

However, I do not see that any longer.

As Always, thanks for the reply.

JDrisc3480

I have tried to listen to it and not really a fan, so I use the Broadcastify app. I have not seen the TGID displayed with either app. I have only seen the name of the agency broadcasting

boatbod

I use the ScannerRadio app because it reconnects automatically if there are disturbances in the network connection or feed. Last time I ran the Broadcastify app it would run for a bit and then silently stop. It's been a couple years now, so perhaps it has been improved since.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
It may have been the Alpha Tags, but I no longer see those as well.

Which app are you using that displays the Alpha Tags.

Thanks.

Feed Provider
It's up to the feed provider as to what information is displayed in the alpha tags. Or whether the information is sent at all.

Frequency ,Talk group, Channel, Group...etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.