A Lower case I in front of Talkgroup Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
Even though I've been a scanner geek for a while I'm just dabbling in Close Call and Trunking Discovery in my SDS100 and HP2, respectively.

Last night I discovered a talk group that was i20224.

When I set that TG as a favorite should I add the lower case I or just the numbers?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
i20224. That's A private call also conventional Discovery is broken on the SDS100 AND 436HP there are post all over this site about this problem.
Steve

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
i20224 isn't a talkgroup, it's a radio ID (known to Uniden as a UID). There should be a second ID shown on the screen as well, because 20224 would be either calling another radio, or being called by another radio.

This format is used when radios are directly calling one another, instead of talking to each other over a talkgroup.

You won't want to program this in as a talkgroup. At best, you can program 20224 in as a UID if you know which agency/unit/person is using it.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If you plan on scanning the system in ID Scan mode at some point (scans only the talkgroups programmed), you can add talkgroup i0 (small eye, zero). Give it a text tag of Private Calls, Individual Calls...etc. This will allow private calls to still show up.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
If you plan on scanning the system in ID Scan mode at some point (scans only the talkgroups programmed), you can add talkgroup i0 (small eye, zero). Give it a text tag of Private Calls, Individual Calls...etc. This will allow private calls to still show up.

Does it matter what the Service Type is? I called the Channel Name in Sentinel "Private Call" but not sure what to set the Service Type to.

sentinelfavs.jpg

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Does it matter what the Service Type is? I called the Channel Name in Sentinel "Private Call" but not sure what to set the Service Type to.

View attachment 94240
As long as you have that specific service type on, it doesn't matter. I have all my service types on, so don't pay attention. Right click over the service type section, all service types on.

Status
Not open for further replies.