A-MA1 active with sniper search teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISP911

Currently monitoring TG 65344 (A-MA1) active with Sniper Search teams. Seems to be mix of State and Local officers organized in teams. I'm getting this off the Plymouth tower (868.950 control channel) but I'm sure it's broadcasting on all local Area 1 towers.

dlbrock

Must be some sort of drill. I haven't heard anything else about this in the news. Anyone know what's going on with this? Do we have another sniper? I sure hope not!

hambone302

dlbrock said:
Must be some sort of drill. I haven't heard anything else about this in the news. Anyone know what's going on with this? Do we have another sniper? I sure hope not!
This is not a drill! There has been a sniper here in the northwest corner shooting at trucks and Suv's on Cline Ave in Hammond. People have reported having their windows shot at.
They closed the road for about 5 hours yesterday to look for clues.Federal,State,County,And Local involved. You can read about it here...

http://www.post-trib.com/cgi-bin/pto-today/news/z1
http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2006/08/09/news/top_news/bc2876f1a4df32ff862571c50006b0ae.txt

Last edited:

dlbrock

I'll tell you, it's becoming a screwed up world! And it seems to get worse everyday. It's probably another teenager thinking they are being cool. If it were truely a trained sniper they wouldn't be just shooting out windows.

I hope they find them fast. There is a lot of traffic up in that area of the state.

ISP911

Update

Monitoring today I overheard one of the teams call command and the operator replied HIDTA (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area) leading me to believe that the operation is being run or assisted by the Lake County HIDTA ISC. Haven't caught any other freqs although I've been getting the common beeping sync tones on the DEA freqs (418.625, 418.900). 418.625 (CH1) was active with analog encryption the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.