A method of automatically determining the PL or DPL in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

Hello All,

I have all my favorites in the SDS200. While scanning my favorites, it pauses on a channel. Is there a way to find out which CTCSS this channel may be using?

Secondly, my SDS200 is still holding on that channel...is there a way to toggle between the modulations [i.e., AM, FM, NFM, etc.]?

Many thanks!

pb_lonny

In the software, beside each frequency you have a TONE column, set this to search and then update your SDS200.

Alain

pb_lonny...this has always been my procedure to allow the software to "SEARCH" for PL/CTCSS codes when I am setting up channels in the Sentinel Software.

But...is this the only way to search for a frequency's CTCSS on an SDS200?

I thought that there might be a way to search while scanning on the fly.

My VHF/UHF ham radios all have a button that I can press which will scan tones while a QSO is in progress.

It scans all 38 tones and stops on the one that is being used in the QSO. I thought there might be a similar procedure w/the scanner

I won't belabor the question! If the software is the only way to search OR scan for CTCSS codes, no need to pursue this question any further.

I thank every[t]one for their response!

pb_lonny

You use the software to program your SDS200, when it is scanning these frequencies, it will stop and display the active tones on the screen of the SDS200, you don't need to have it connected to the PC at the time, you are just using the software to tell the SDS200 to search for the tones and display them.

Shockwavrider

Will setting up "tone search" slow down scanning speed? Is there a way in the search process that once identified the scanner will store that info with neeing any further interaction such as pressing buttons and saving channel info?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Will setting up "tone search" slow down scanning speed? Is there a way in the search process that once identified the scanner will store that info with neeing any further interaction such as pressing buttons and saving channel info?

No, the scan or search speed is not affected by the Tone Search setting on these radios.

Several software packages with logging (ProScan, ARC536) will allow you to log all activity, including detected tone codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.