a mystery frequency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobears

Hello:

Anybody got an idea where in the world freq 158.2750 is coming out of? ...I cannot find a clue on the database and haven't yet picked up anything that is identifying the source...appears to be a police channel somewhere here in Northern New Jersey....(I'm in Wanaque, Northern Passaic County NJ)....

Thanks for any help....

Bill

billybobears

mystery frequency

Hi JoeyC,

Hey, thanks again for that info...

It's got me wondering how somebody 2800 + miles away was able to find this out - meaining you're a pretty wise fellow-scanner person - (Town of Warwick NY is about 30 miles off and I didn't think I had that much range) ......thanks again but please... if you have a minute - what were your resources on uncovering this information? It may be helpful going forward in my scanner adventures (I'm kind of new at it).

Thanks a bunch,

Bill

JoeyC

Basically I set a narrow range (158.26 - 158.29) around the freq you gave to come up with the correct frequency (Searching for 158.275 yielded no results anywhere, which tells me thats the wrong frequency) then I searched the FCC database for NJ then NY when I determined the freq was actually 158.28. Come to find out its in the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.