A&N Electric Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4APR

I was wondering if anyone had a listing for these guys. On the VA Eastern Shore, they maintain the main AC service. At one time, Delmarva power was in control, but A&N came in and took over at some point. The database shows all of the sites for the Delmarva system (Moto Type II) and it does mention they sub-lease to other companies to take advantage of the load capability, but I can't figure out if A&N are one of those companies.

So far, the activity on that system has been very little, at least at the sites closest to me. Anytime I see a truck, I look for an antenna and I haven't seen one. Could be on UHF and have quarterwaves well hidden.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, an FCC search turned up nothing.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
A&n

Look on the Accomack County page in the database, click on FCC Licenses and then click on Business Conventional. I found this when I was debating putting the Delmarva system in one of my radios for trips up to the Eastern Shore.

Last edited:

K4APR

Look on the Accomack County page in the database, click on FCC Licenses and then click on Business Conventional. I found this when I was debating putting the Delmarva system in one of my radios for trips up to the Eastern Shore.

I gave this a shot, but I don't see a link for business conventional. Only shows all licenses, last 100 and unidentified.

scoot99

Premium Subscriber
Anec

My files have ANEC on 153.65. I've got it in one of my scanner banks but usually lock it out unless there's a significant power outage going on. I also seem to recall getting a hit on the Tasley office somewhere in the 800 MHz band, but didn't log exact freq.

K4APR

A member PM'ed me off list and let me know about 153.650.

Based on that, I found ANEC in a ULS lookup. Looks like they have three freqs to their name:

License: WNBN374

Status
Not open for further replies.