A new birthday toy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

I got a neat gift,, a shirt pocket size vector network analyzer. (one of those Chinese things)
A 4" display, I need my magnifier to see well. Li-Ion battery comes with USB cable.
Ran it through a few tests, compared to my Agilent and see little or no difference.
Maybe ideal for hobby/ham/CB work, not all that rugged. Testing antennas, SWR,reasonance,reflection coeficients, Smith curve and more.
Checking low/high pass filters, bandpass, notch, etc
Great for fine tuning that antenna matcher.
A bonus feature is a TDR for testing coax, insertion curves, impedance's, lengths,etc.
One downside is the need to recalibrate with any changes, but not bad under $100.
h**ps://cho45.github.io/NanoVNA-manual/

krokus

Premium Subscriber
They are not meant to compare with Agilent, Anritsu, R&S, etc. For non-critical testing, they are amazingly powerful, fairly easy to use, equipment.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I got a neat gift,, a shirt pocket size vector network analyzer. (one of those Chinese things)
A 4" display, I need my magnifier to see well. Li-Ion battery comes with USB cable.
Ran it through a few tests, compared to my Agilent and see little or no difference.
Maybe ideal for hobby/ham/CB work, not all that rugged. Testing antennas, SWR,reasonance,reflection coeficients, Smith curve and more.
Checking low/high pass filters, bandpass, notch, etc
Great for fine tuning that antenna matcher.
A bonus feature is a TDR for testing coax, insertion curves, impedance's, lengths,etc.
One downside is the need to recalibrate with any changes, but not bad under $100.
h**ps://cho45.github.io/NanoVNA-manual/
Which brand / model did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.