A New Forum, Perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57Bill

All the posts responding to a question about listening to distant AM radio stations at night might suggest that a separate forum on this (and related) subject would be welcomed. Many of the posts share personal experiences and could easily fall under the title of "nostalgia". All of the input under this thread was positive, and, while the thread continues to grow under "general scanning", it isn't really about "scanning". I think a separate forum that addresses radio DX'ing of any kind would be appreciated. And I don't think it should be relegated to the "WasteLand".

topnik

I'm surprised...

57Bill said:
All the posts responding to a question about listening to distant AM radio stations at night might suggest that a separate forum on this (and related) subject would be welcomed. Many of the posts share personal experiences and could easily fall under the title of "nostalgia". All of the input under this thread was positive, and, while the thread continues to grow under "general scanning", it isn't really about "scanning". I think a separate forum that addresses radio DX'ing of any kind would be appreciated. And I don't think it should be relegated to the "WasteLand".

...that there's not one of these already...this isn't just a "scanner" site...there's a "UTE" forum, Military forum, and all the others...although...this might skew things to others asking for a "Ham Only" forum, then a "VHF Ham Only" type forum...

"Nostalgia" might cover it, although, maybe a Medium Wave forum might work, especially since MW (and I mean below the US AM band) is a viable band over in Europe...might draw our overseas customers...there are so many ways to address the different predilections of all the members here...of course then you'll run into the FM DXers realm, then the LVHF DXers...we already have a "Skip/Tropo" forum...hmmmm...

Great suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.