A new Motorola TRS in Santa Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

cousinkix1953

I turned on the scanner earlier today and found a new Motorola TRS using a control channel on 857.3375 mhz. It doesn't change to a different frequency at midnite like many systems do. I programmed this into one of my free conventional banks; but haven't heard anything yet.

State Parks had a planned system on 856-860.2125 mhz and 856-860.7625 mhz. So maybe they're using 856-860..3375 mhz instead? It may be Cal-Trans too?

The signal is strong here in Santa Cruz even on a hand held with a stock antenna. The UCSC TRS system is still operating with it's usual control channels; so nothing has changed there.

cousinkix1953

I turned on the scanner earlier today and found a new Motorola TRS using a control channel on 857.3375 mhz. It doesn't change to a different frequency at midnite like many systems do. I programmed this into one of my free conventional banks; but haven't heard anything yet.

State Parks had a planned system on 856-860.2125 mhz and 856-860.7625 mhz. So maybe they're using 856-860..3375 mhz instead? It may be Cal-Trans too?

The signal is strong here in Santa Cruz even on a hand held with a stock antenna. The UCSC TRS system is still operating with it's usual control channels; so nothing has changed there.

Update:
I found this control, channel on Thursday night. It is a Motorola system. They shut it off around 6 AM on Friday morning and it's not back on as of 4 PM in the late afternoon. It might be a new TRS under construction and not yet ready to go; so I'm gonna leave this frequency in the scanner and watch it for awhile...

cousinkix1953

The Fremont Peak site explains the strong signal even some 30 miles away. Bud Antle Inc is a huge agri-business firm based out of Salinas. I haven't heard any more since the Thursday night tests...

Markb

Premium Subscriber
The license for this system was granted in 2004, so it wouldn't appear that this is a new system. Are you sure the control channel didn't merely switch to one of the other licensed frequencies?

When I first got my br330t that was the first system that I picked up, but never heard anything. I Went fishing in Hollister and picked up a talk group never saved it but that was about it. I did post about the system a few years back but I can't find the post.

I got the CC on 858.3375 right now

Last edited:

cousinkix1953

The license for this system was granted in 2004, so it wouldn't appear that this is a new system. Are you sure the control channel didn't merely switch to one of the other licensed frequencies?
It's back up again tonight. Having realized that it's a business related system, I don't expect to hear much talking before the campesinos go back to work on Monday morning.

Last edited:
It's back up again tonight. Having realized that it's a business related system, I don't expect to hear much talking before the campesinos go back to work on Monday morning.

What do you mean it is back up? It was up for me all day yesterday the CC's frequency seem to be 858.3375 and 857.3375. I Don't think you have your radio setup right you need to enter both of the control channels or best yet enter all the frequencies that K6CDO posted in that FCC License.

Btw I found out that CTF,SVST have a new frequency added to there system.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah cousin it was never down and is not a new system... just program the missing frequencies in your scanner. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.