Sangean A new version of the ATS909

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB46

Some sad news, maybe due to the pandemic.....

Mike
Or perhaps Sangean has detected some design flaws that had been overlooked earlier. A wise bit of caution on their part, considering the many products that get released nowadays before they're actually ready for primetime. I wonder how many pre-orders were already placed in Europe before the postponement.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
The Tecsun uses a 0 to 5 scale, so it is also not calibrated. The point being made was that when the ATS-909X might report a "2", the Tecsun might show a "4". Relative to the scale being used on each radio, the Tecsun always reported the higher number. Nothing more.

GB46

The Tecsun uses a 0 to 5 scale, so it is also not calibrated. The point being made was that when the ATS-909X might report a "2", the Tecsun might show a "4". Relative to the scale being used on each radio, the Tecsun always reported the higher number. Nothing more.
The only time I pay any attention to the meter nowadays is when I'm parked on a favorite frequency waiting for the station to come on the air, meanwhile doing something else with my earphones off (like typing this post). Once the station comes on the air, the meter will prompt me to put my earphones back on. Of course, the meter will also alert me when the signal is stronger than usual on a given day, but so far there's nothing but noise this morning.

W8WCA

Radiolabs told me they have a Sample 909X2 and they are due to be released the end of Jan

Will be interesting to see!

(They modify 909X's - they are not sure about the 909X2 yet as far if they will be doing any mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.