A Newbie going to monitor Lee County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eburris12

Hi guys. I'm going to be getting a Pro-433 and I live in Fort Myers. I'll be monitoring mostly Fire/Rescue and PD but since I'm new, I know I'll probably be listening to a lot of different stuff.

Anyway, are there any tips you guys could give me about monitoring the lee county area? And what about any interesting frequencies?

Thanks!

dixieboyfl

Lee County - Fort Myers - Cape Coral

Lee County runs a Motorola Smartnet Trunking System for Lee County, Fort Myers, and Cape Coral.

Look here for the control channels and most of the talk groups which will give you a good start.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=351

Enjoy, Mike

Eburris12 said:
Hi guys. I'm going to be getting a Pro-433 and I live in Fort Myers. I'll be monitoring mostly Fire/Rescue and PD but since I'm new, I know I'll probably be listening to a lot of different stuff.

Anyway, are there any tips you guys could give me about monitoring the lee county area? And what about any interesting frequencies?

Thanks!

Eburris12

Thanks. I was really looking for tips and info about things that aren't already in the RR database but I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. :)

scanfreq315

When you go to bed at night, punch in group 9648 on manual and turn your volume up. This is the Medstar helicopter and there may be zero to a few calls per night. From trauma alerts, to drowings, to strokes and heart attacks, anything that prompts Medstar to be called is generally exciting.

There are a bunch of jail frequencies in the 46 thousand range that you will learn to lock out (because they are horribly boring).

Where roughly are you in Ft. Myers?

Fort Myers PD are a waste to listen to. Between the lazy dispatchers that mumble conveying an urgent message to the ineffective FMPD cops such as saying "signal zero", just avoid the 4 thousand range groups.

There are alot of Signal 37s in Cape Coral (domestic disputes), and sometimes they end up fatal...good listening. (Sorry) And sometimes the cops run over the bad guys on the Cape.

Many times you will hear the Sherriff's helicopter up helping locate the bad guy for FMPD, CCPD, LSCO, but the problem is, it take them FOREVER to get to the scene. Almost a waste to have the helicoper, esp. since it it based way out east. And the heli pilots sound a bit redneckish; not quite serious enough for what they are suppose to be doing. Shoot, maybe I could apply for the job.

LOL, but it is all good.

So, hopefully you find these tips useful.

Last edited:

gcr33

Sounds like scanfreq315 must have had a driving encounter with the Ft. Myers PD!!

RR database is good. There is also Sanibel Island PD conventional 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.