A night pic of my mobile big truck shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yā€™all do realize these are off to his right, right? You can see the far right edge of the steering wheel at the far bottom left corner of the pic...

PACNWDude

Very nice to see a tractor with CB, as others have said it has sort of fallen off since the heyday of the 1970's. Yet, I still put them in a fleet of trucks, tractors, and steer cars I maintain with a small crew. We use Cobra 29 LTD Classic radios, and a few 75 WX ST's in smaller vehicles. Although, they do not make them like they used to. The newer ones are easily a pound less in weight and the microphones are terrible. We have also gone with unpowered mic's as the end users never knew or understood that the battery needed to be replaced.

Great set up there, and thank you for sharing. Always nice to see other installs, and those of people with lots of windshield time. Keep the shiny side up.

Very nice to see a tractor with CB, as others have said it has sort of fallen off since the heyday of the 1970's. Yet, I still put them in a fleet of trucks, tractors, and steer cars I maintain with a small crew. We use Cobra 29 LTD Classic radios, and a few 75 WX ST's in smaller vehicles. Although, they do not make them like they used to. The newer ones are easily a pound less in weight and the microphones are terrible. We have also gone with unpowered mic's as the end users never knew or understood that the battery needed to be replaced.

Great set up there, and thank you for sharing. Always nice to see other installs, and those of people with lots of windshield time. Keep the shiny side up.
I actually just put it in after not having one for probably 15 years. Sure is quiet on the airwaves now.

Bruce180vf

I know what you mean. I have a CB in my shack. I turn it on on Monday morning and off on Fridays while I work from home. I can see I-65 from my window and I am lucky to hear 2 to 3 people a week .

colodak

Yeah, hit 20 years on January 29th.

Congrats, I'm kinda surprised they don't have an issue with your setup, there's a couple guys I see based out of Loveland that are Ham operators and have setups, one guy lives near me, he had to bribe the shop to do his wiring for him, previously he ran a handheld, but with the camera's, he had to go to a permanent mount.

Congrats, I'm kinda surprised they don't have an issue with your setup, there's a couple guys I see based out of Loveland that are Ham operators and have setups, one guy lives near me, he had to bribe the shop to do his wiring for him, previously he ran a handheld, but with the camera's, he had to go to a permanent mount.
They don't look in the trucks for stuff like that, at least out of my DC in Arizona. I switch trucks every week so nothing is hardwired in or anything.

slowmover

Thx for the pics, OP. Always of interest to see how others do it.

What devices I have in the truck cab can all be adjusted for brightness during night operations ā€” as all of them interfere with vision when on a daylight setting; cab placement doesnā€™t change the problem ā€” so itā€™s a twice-daily ritual to switch to DAY or NIGHT.

Thr comment about long hours + wanting ā€œbest set-upā€ is on the money. A commuter car where use might be 1-3/hours per day isnā€™t the same as a semi where 10-12/hrs of radio gear being turned on isā€œthe mobile shackā€. Home might be many days away (I drive OTR).

Thanks!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Every Christmas season we provided backup for WallyWorld for a week or two depending on their customer volume. We got a $100 a day incentive for working, and there were many days I got paid for hanging out in their parking lot and partaking of their cafeteria and doing absolutely nothing. Boring, but lots of time to play radio :)

Highwayman1224, very cool setup. I am a big fan of trucker mobile shack photos and yours is one of the best I have ever seen. Sweeeet.

Every Christmas season we provided backup for WallyWorld for a week or two depending on their customer volume. We got a $100 a day incentive for working, and there were many days I got paid for hanging out in their parking lot and partaking of their cafeteria and doing absolutely nothing. Boring, but lots of time to play radio :)

Highwayman1224, very cool setup. I am a big fan of trucker mobile shack photos and yours is one of the best I have ever seen. Sweeeet.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.