A novice who loves radio need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

Me again...

The OP is using DSD+ 1.101; it doesn't support TIII trunking that uses multi-block DFA call grants.

DSD+ 2.155

TIII DFA (direct frequency access) support added

So if he's monitoring such a system, no bueno.

Also, he hasn't indicated that he's created any channel info in DSDPlus.frequencies, so if he's not monitoring a DFA system, still no bueno?

Afoot

Me again...

The OP is using DSD+ 1.101; it doesn't support TIII trunking that uses multi-block DFA call grants.

DSD+ 2.155

TIII DFA (direct frequency access) support added

So if he's monitoring such a system, no bueno.

Also, he hasn't indicated that he's created any channel info in DSDPlus.frequencies, so if he's not monitoring a DFA system, still no bueno?

Honestly, I understood little. Sorry to be such a newbie. :cry:

TheButcher

Sorry I have not read all the posts (busy / lazy), but doesn't one require the paid DSD+ FL to decode (follow / track) TIII ?

If / when you discover an actual voice channel, you will hear DMR audio though...

ps. As per post previous to mine (not quiet so lazy, ha?), you need to buy DSD+ FL...

DRL-XM43

In your screenshot the Bandwidth is not 40kMz - in this set up it needs to be or it won't decode

OK Back up, my bad I did some more research and found in another reference that the Bandwidth should be 12 not 40kMZ although I am positive when the help link worked it originally called for 40kMz....

So my apologies if I steered anyone wrong. (although mine does work with either?)

DRL-XM43

OK Back up, my bad I did some more research and found in another reference that the Bandwidth should be 12 not 40kMZ although I am positive when the help link worked it originally called for 40kMz....

So my apologies if I steered anyone wrong. (although mine does work with either?)

Ok back to square 1 - I knew I had followed the instruction.

From the SDRConsole trunk tracking instructions.... (finally found them again)

How it Works
Control
Receiver 1 (RX1) is tuned to the control frequency:
  • Mode = WFM
  • Bandwidth = 40kHz
  • Audio output = Virtual Audio Cable (VAC)
DSDPlus is run in control/rest decoder mode (-rc argument), active voice channel Frequency / Talk Group / Radio ID shown by empty .traffic files where the filename format contains this metadata. The .traffic files are created in the DSDPlus executable folder, for example:

cont....

slicerwizard

Sorry I have not read all the posts (busy / lazy), but doesn't one require the paid DSD+ FL to decode (follow / track) TIII ?

If / when you discover an actual voice channel, you will hear DMR audio though...

ps. As per post previous to mine (not quiet so lazy, ha?), you need to buy DSD+ FL...
Read the DSD+ 1.101 Trunking.txt file. Non-DFA TIII is supported.

Afoot

Hi again, everybody. Thanks everyone for your help. I can listen well to other DRM signals, so I know how to decode DRM perfectly. I have the problem with these signals, which are IMPOSSIBLE to decode and I don't know why ... TheButcher About what you tell me to pay, I find it interesting, but ... could you tell me exactly what program I have to pay? The closest to hearing some of those signals have been with the SDRAngel program, but it does not get to decode 100%, it is as if noise of broken voices will be heard. This is a mystery :)

DRL-XM43

OK I use DSD+ FastLane with SDRConsole 3 to trunk follow everything that DSD+ decodes except P25 phase II - phase 1 yes. I think the guys are saying DSD+ Public Release (free version) will not decode TIII which it seems you are trying to do.

Anyway here is a screenshot of SDRConsole 3 with DSD+ FL decoding and following a NEXEDGE48 trunk. The CC is the green and the VC is the red on the waterfall.

Notice the settings are WFM and 40kHz as per the author.

sdrconsole-dsd+.PNG

Afoot

OK I use DSD+ FastLane
Good night from the south of Spain friend, more specifically from Seville. Well it seems that I will have to buy FastLane. I have tried to buy a couple of weeks ago but they do not answer my mail. Is there any way to get it faster? Maybe with FastLane my problem is solved.

DRL-XM43

Good night from the south of Spain friend, more specifically from Seville. Well it seems that I will have to buy FastLane. I have tried to buy a couple of weeks ago but they do not answer my mail. Is there any way to get it faster? Maybe with FastLane my problem is solved.

The fact is if you get DSD+ fastlane you will never need SDRConsole3 again. Fastlane is a complete suit of monitoring/decoding tools where FMP24 does the monitoring and DSD+ does the decoding, it is a far superior solution than feeding DSD+ using VB Cable and other "off brand" signal getters like SDR#, SDRConsole or any other such software. These software have their place, but not as DSD+ accessories. Just because you can does not make it a good solution.

Trust me... FMP24 with DSD+ is the most superior way to monitor and decode, no more VB Cable and full support from the development team if things go awry.

There is no formal support for creating Frankenstein mish mash systems.

I do it as a hobby and pastime not for great results, if you want superior... stick with the Fastlane bundle.

slicerwizard

The free DSD+ 1.101 package includes FMP and TCP linking / no need for VB Cable. Only question is whether the OP is monitoring a DFA TIII system or not. He hasn't provided that information yet. If the OP wants FL, he should follow the instructions at the end of the DSDPlus.txt file.

Afoot

The free DSD+ 1.101 package includes FMP and TCP linking / no need for VB Cable. Only question is whether the OP is monitoring a DFA TIII system or not. He hasn't provided that information yet. If the OP wants FL, he should follow the instructions at the end of the DSDPlus.txt file.

All that you say is very Pro ...;) It's a rookie joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.