A novice who loves radio need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afoot

Hi, I love the experience of decoding DRM with DSD. There are many frequencies that I can decode, but there are some that resist me. Why can't I decode these frequencies? What I can be doing wrong? I can not understand it. Surely someone knows what the problem is. Thank you.

racingfan360

Looks like you're decoding it fine (albeit that you're slightly off frequency). That channel doesn't look to have any voice on it...at least not at that instance in time, just data.

Afoot

Thanks friend. It is impossible for me to decode. With SDR Angel, I almost got it, something is heard, but badly, I can't tune it ... I'm crazy for trying to decode those signals!

slicerwizard

You're sitting on a Tier III control channel. It may not carry much voice traffic. Monitor the voice channels instead. And you can't properly monitor a trunking system with SDR# anyway...

Afoot

You're sitting on a Tier III control channel. It may not carry much voice traffic. Monitor the voice channels instead. And you can't properly monitor a trunking system with SDR# anyway...

Thank you friend, so what is the best program to decode this signal? Well, it is DRM but it is different from the others that I can decode. Thank you.

P.D .: For those of us who are clumsy and novice in this, your patience is very helpful, in addition to giving us many joys.

DRL-XM43

You may want to try SDR Console 3 - If you have two dongles it has DSD+ built in and it will follow trunks if you can find the control channel.

Failing that you could do it properly with DSD+/FMP24 Fastlane suite.

Depends how much you want good easy results.

Afoot

Thanks DRL-XM43

You may want to try SDR Console 3 - If you have two dongles it has DSD+ built in and it will follow trunks if you can find the control channel.
Yes, I have SDR Console 3, and I have 2 dongles, but could you explain to me what you say explained for clumsy? Please!

Last edited:

DRL-XM43

Built in? So no DSD+ required?

DSD+ itself is provided as a download but SDRConsole 3 has the.... lets say DSD+ plugin scanner baked in so it pretty much automates the scanning decoding functions. I have tried it out, it needs 2 dongles to trunk follow but works on everything DSD+ can do except Phase II P25.

Afoot

The instruction are in the program they are pretty simple

Thanks again for your patience. This inexperience joins my English, which is disastrous, I am Spanish :) Thank you.

What I have not learned yet is to be able to configure the two dongles in the same program. I always get one ...

DRL-XM43

Thanks again for your patience. This inexperience joins my English, which is disastrous, I am Spanish :) Thank you.

What I have not learned yet is to be able to configure the two dongles in the same program. I always get one ...

When the program starts up it shows the dongles it knows about. If it did not see them all then select definitions then search, it will renew the list.

Also note that for DSD+ trunk follow you need to set WFM and BW 40kHz as in my first screen shot, this is different than other software.

Trunk following is set up from "view" then "trunk following" tabs.

v3start.PNG

Last edited:

Afoot

You are a saint, thank you. I will try again, but I think he does not recognize me ... However I leave again another image of how I read the DRM well and do not listen. And it is not that I have misconfigured the audio output, because others listen to them. Thank you.79291

DRL-XM43

You are a saint, thank you. I will try again, but I think he does not recognize me ... However I leave again another image of how I read the DRM well and do not listen. And it is not that I have misconfigured the audio output, because others listen to them. Thank you.View attachment 79291

In your screenshot the Bandwidth is not 40kMz - in this set up it needs to be or it won't decode

Afoot

In your screenshot the Bandwidth is not 40kMz - in this set up it needs to be or it won't decode
Hello again, I think that should not be the culprit that I can not hear. Here is the image if I set to 40 or 48, now it gives error in the signals that I could decode. I think that I cannot listen to the others because they are coded so that they cannot be heard.

DRL-XM43

Then why does the DSD+ console window show it decoding the DMR control perfectly?

I am.... as a good citizen only saying what the author of the software instructed to do with the settings for it to work the way he designed. After that a person can do what they want I guess. I use it with great success following the instructions.

As a side note I have substituted DSD+ FastLane so I can add the -m1 switch to the custom settings for DSD+ so I can tune clear FM/AM as well as digital without having to change anything.

Last edited:

DRL-XM43

Hello again, I think that should not be the culprit that I can not hear. Here is the image if I set to 40 or 48, now it gives error in the signals that I could decode. I think that I cannot listen to the others because they are coded so that they cannot be heard.

View attachment 79296
Did you see that the software recognized a second dongle when you started up? Without a second dongle it cannot follow a trunk although it will decode straight DMR with one dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.