A OLD SCANNER'S Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

Is there a website with pictures/descriptions of Scanner's from mid-1970's to late 1980's - early 1990's?

Been trying to recall which Scanners I've had (first programmable was a Bearcat 101A) over the years, & haven't had much luck :)

One of the Brands I recall was JIL (or: J.I.L.) -- think it was 10-channel LED but not positive at all.

mcema699

Old Scanners

there is .. or used to be a yahoo group called Vintage Scanners. There may or may not be pics there. Cant remember.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Also check the models FAQ on Strong Signals. Loads of older scanner listed there, too 73s Mike

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
The BC101 was billed as the FIRST programmable scanner. I have one sitting right here, and found the other day for $15!!! Gave it to a buddy of mine!!! I like the way it sounds and the row of 16 LED's is very cool.

Remember the OPTISCAN with the card. You punched out holes for the freq. you wanted and then slide it into a slot!!!

Wow, we have come a long way...

dangitdoug

Google it. Type the name of the scanner and click in Images. Play with the name and numbers for each model. you should have good luck there.

Doug K

AVL

i loved the old radio shack crystal 5 channel scanner i forget the model number but they were protable

Status
Not open for further replies.