A push in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeenon

Long story short, was an avid listener from my desk while working, then life got in the way....married...new house....so now I have a BCD396XT that I need to program for Somerset, NJ.

It's been 4 years since I picked up the scanner and looking at the database I see Somerset is Project 25 Phase II. Does the 396XT support this or am I out of luck?

Z

wtp

no

396xt does not do phase 2
however two uniden radios are now out that will
an older gre psr 800 could but sounds hard to get
best bet now is the unidens but whistler may have something in the works..

CM1

Premium Subscriber
With that scanner you will be able to listen to some of the stuff on their trunked systems, however any talkgroups marked with T in the RR datebase are TDMA and cannot be monitored with that scanner.
Don't let that discourage you from getting back into things. That's a great little scanner.

robbinsj2

With that scanner you will be able to listen to some of the stuff on their trunked systems, however any talkgroups marked with T in the RR datebase are TDMA and cannot be monitored with that scanner.
I'll elaborate a bit by saying you will be able to listen to most of the stuff on their trunked systems. Hillsborough PD is phase 2, and Bridgewater PD is patched into a phase 2 talkgroup but you can still (for now) get them on their conventional channel.

Encryption aside, you'll be able to receive everything else on the two county systems so as CM1 said well, don't be discouraged.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.