A question about weather monitoring with the HP1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about my HP1. from my understanding according to the manual, The only way I can receive weather information is if the system is turned off. Why will it not scan both the weather and the police and fire frequencies that I normally monitor at the same time? Or am I mistaken about this?

Thanks for any help.

Richard

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Right, in the standby mode where the radio is listening for a FIPS alert code/tone to wake up the radio and open the squelch to let you hear the WX station.

The radio can not scan and look for the FIPS at the same time without a second receiver built in.

If you just want to listen to the weather go to the Menu and select Weather to scan just the WX station frequencies.

Right, in the standby mode where the radio is listening for a FIPS alert code/tone to wake up the radio and open the squelch to let you hear the WX station.

The radio can not scan and look for the FIPS at the same time without a second receiver built in.

If you just want to listen to the weather go to the Menu and select Weather to scan just the WX station frequencies.

Well that's frustrating... It sure would be nice to be able to listen to both the weather alerts and what is going on with the emergency response units at the same time without having to buy two different recievers.

Status
Not open for further replies.