A Question for Chattanooga Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Would you recommend that a visitor to your area monitor the analog Chattanooga/Hamilton County system or the digital TACN? Why?

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
I'm not sure the analog is even still on the air. And since they transitioned a few years ago, not sure anything worth hearing would be on the old analog anyway.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
I would have thought exactly the same, based on the information in the database. I went to Finley Stadium for a few hours Thursday evening, and took along TRX-1. I could receive almost constant traffic on the analog system, using attenuation, but with lots of cellular noise. Without attenuation, analog system was silent. TACN was utterly silent, with or without attenuation. I get the same result in the Hamilton Place area, with its abundance of cell towers. Whenever I get away from the cell towers, I get good TACN reception.

zachgallop

The Analog Trunked system is still on Air and there's still plenty of traffic on it. A lot of the public safety dispatch channels are patched between the old and new system.

ButchGone

Use which ever system you want to hear. The lagacy analog system is strapped to the newer P25 system, as most agencies still use a mix of radios either operating analog or digital. They have been simulcast with each other for about ten years now.
But the P25 system has the surrounding counties including Georgia.
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.