A question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilhunter

I was a radio operator in the army for 8yrs I operated fm radios ,am radios and the Mars radio system .i also installed and repaired these radios would that have any bearing on getting my amateur radio license would the FCC recognized my training

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
No bearing, however your training in electronics will help because some of the material you already have an understanding of.
Mike

I was a radio operator in the army for 8yrs I operated fm radios ,am radios and the Mars radio system .i also installed and repaired these radios would that have any bearing on getting my amateur radio license would the FCC recognized my training

teufler

Had a ex Navy operator that operated a listening post in Cryprus, in the late 60's. He came in, took novice to extra in an evening of tests. If you got the time, you should do fine. Probably have to spend some time on the ham frequency limits, some ham regs that are unique to ham operators but thats should be easy. The math should not be a problem, as if you know the formulas you can recognized the correct answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.