A Summer in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Oh Y'all (you'z guys)

I'm gonna be in the GREAT state of Michigan June & July of this year. Well and the Buckeye state too. Looks like were between Cedar Point, East Lansing, Eaton Rapids (Ann Arbor) and Travers City (White Birch Lodge) and maybe the UP (SSM) if we have time. [Family get-together thang were all yankified by birth]

Save me the time and trouble, WHATS HOT to scan from Detroit to Lansing then from Lansing to Mackinaw and the UP? (Oh, whats the speed limit and does MSP write ya for radar detectors?)

Thanks Fellow Northerners .... GO SPARTINS!

SCPD

QRT
Just a suggestion why not listen to a couple of the feeds on RR for the area's that you will be in for exsample my feed coveres all of the Central Counties in Michigan along US 127.

Now where i live MSP and the SO let people slide to about 3-5 mph over the speed limit as long as your are driving safe etc.That is on the highway only they will nail you on the city streets for speeding.

nodak1crdet3

Having a scanner in your car is also legal in Michigan since 2006. The law was changed.

Here is a link for the scanner law in Michigan.
Michigan Legislature - Section 750.508

If your flying into Metro Airport (KDTW), watch your speed leaving the airport. The Romulan Empire loves giving out speeding tickets around the airport. Big time speed trap. Watch for unmarked Magnums, Chargers, & a Jeep Cherokee.
155.535 Romulan PD disp.
156.150 Romulan PD. Ticket CH. Not heard much on it in awhile.

Listening to the Detroit system in the summer should be interesting, if your up late. Listen on the weekends when the bars close at 2am. That's always fun.

Go BLUE! ;~)

Noah

That would be someone other than MSP - radar detectors are totally legal here.

Except for commercial motor vehicles. But for passenger vehicles, just having one substantially increases your chances of being ticketed for any other violations.. ;-)

milaw

Premium Subscriber
nodak1crdet3 said:
The Romulan Empire loves giving out speeding tickets around the airport. Big time speed trap.

It's not a speed trap...

A speed trap is when the speed limit is set artificially low for a stretch of road way and there is little or no warning that the speed limit drops. What Romulus does is enforce the MI standard 70 MPH speed limit on freeways, I don't know how anyone can find a problem with that? The easiest way to avoid a ticket, in any area, is to drive near the speed limit.

tusker305

That is true. It is also true that the best way to bring new business to the area, is to give speeding tickets to businessmen driving rental cars less than a mile from the plane they landed on. Purely Michigan.

milaw

Premium Subscriber
I've never been a businessman so I didn't know that just getting a $125 speeding ticket would prevent a company from coming to Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.