A TxWARN League City question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Had a question from a submitter about the League City/Friendswood talkgroups listed below:

42288 a53 A LC FW EMS League City Friendswood EMS EMS-Talk
42320 a55 A LC FWPD 1 League City Friendswood Police 1 Law Tac
42352 a57 A LC FWPD 2 League City Friendswood Police 2 Law Tac
42384 a59 A LC FWPD 3 League City Friendswood Police 3 Law Tac
42416 a5b A LC FWPD 4 League City Friendswood Police 4 Law Tac
42224 a4f A LC FW CID 1 League City Friendswood Police CID 1 Law Tac
42256 a51 A LC FW CID 2 League City Friendswood Police CID 2

What are these? Are they mutual aid talkgroups for the two cities? The submitter said he has never heard anything on them, but it would be nice to make a note as to what their proper use is.

FlashSWT

42288 League City Friendswood EMS
42320 League City Friendswood Police 1
42352 League City Friendswood Police 2
42384 League City Friendswood Police 3
42416 League City Friendswood Police 4
42224 League City Friendswood Police CID 1
42256 League City Friendswood Police CID 2

I'm definitely curious where those submissions came from. They don't really make since as written.

I've never gotten a single Unitrunker hit on any of those talkgroups from monitoring the League City and Alvin towers.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Has there been some talk in that area of those two cities going to a 'joint dispatch' operation? We have several doing that in the DFW Metro area, (Colleyville, Southlake, & Keller on the N.E. Tarrant system).

FlashSWT

No I haven't heard anything like that and I really don't see it happening with these two cities (or any others in Galveston County for that matter).

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Those are interop channels for the two cities. They are border cities and often where one begins and one ends is somewhat confusing on initial dispatches to incidents. The same applies to Webster with both League City and Friendswood. The fact that Friendswood is both in Harris as well as Galveston counties adds to the confusion down there.

FlashSWT

So you have personal knowledge of those being real talkgroups Lou?

League City and Friendswood really don't share very much "developed" border and besides major house fires don't really mutual aid with each other at all. I can't remember the last time one called the other for an ambulance for example.

I will definitely take your word for it, but they just seem like very odd submissions without someone like you vouching for them. Thanks for your input.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I lived in League City when we moved back to the Houston Area in 2007. Spent a year there (including a visit from Ike) and I will admit that there was little use of those specific TGs but they were placed there and tested. Interestingly enough in practical usage, on Mut Aid instances, they either used each others actual TGs or used the state MA VHF frequencies. I think it is another case of folks not realizing the channels are in the radios. I suspect that as they move to the P25 system down the road, some of those will disappear.

As for the shared borders, I would disagree, I lived on Sweetgum (off of FM 518) and was a lot closer to Friendswood (for shopping, banking, etc) then League City (main area). Listening back then, there was always dispatches coming out on both FW and LC channels for the same incident on one of the highways in the area (518, W Bay Area Blvd, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.