Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

BaLa said:
LOL

are you selling this?

10 Codes are not always the same

I'll make you a custom 10 code form
on a post-it note written in pencil. (for future changes)

Starting bid $5.00

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
There are almost as many different sets of 10 codes out there as there are law enforcement agencies. You would be hard pressed to find one agency that uses the "standard" 10 codes (whatever "standard" means) without some modifications.

gsxr4000

You can find "10 Codes" all over the internet.....for free....in most cases for the Dept. you monitor.

landonjensen

well i thought they were nice to have if you didnt know the 10 codes, and there so small for like a wallet with easy reference, and no im not selling these, i just found them on ebay.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
landonjensen said:
well i thought they were nice to have if you didnt know the 10 codes, and there so small for like a wallet with easy reference, and no im not selling these, i just found them on ebay.

I know you had good intentions Landon but you are missing the point....this list of 10 codes would be useless outside of the one agency that uses it...So unless you live in the area where this 10 code list is used it would be a waste of money...as others have said in this thread there are about as many variations on 10 codes/signals as there are different snowflakes...heck, even here in Central NC I could list 3-4 different 10 codes/signals lists...makes for interesting monitorning though! But good try Landon...let us know what other scanner stuff you find out there!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR
P.S. Here at Radioreference.com under the counties listings for each state we have a place for 10 codes/signals lists...hope this helps!

n1das

Since there are more versions of 10-codes than terms in it, I don't bother keeping any written 10-code lists. I learn them by LISTENING to a particular department and paying attention to how they are used.

Over time, I learn them and get to know them and don't need to have any of them written down. I don't bother trying to memorize any of them. Instead, I pay attention to how they are used in the context of the communications. After a while, I'm able to fill in the blanks.

davidd2957

FEDS say No to 10-codes

The Feds recently said that 10 codes need to be faded out, and to use general English terminology in place. This is to make it easier for different entities to communicate with each other...INTEROPIBILITY
David D.

Mozilla

10 codes

" The Feds recently said that 10 codes need to be faded out, and to use general English terminology in place. This is to make it easier for different entities to communicate with each other...INTEROPIBILITY"

Actually the currentl position was that agencies may continue to use 10 codes for their own day to day operations , but in any interagency or interoperability scenario, they are not to use them. Part of that being what everyone else is posting... there are many variations and it would cause issues.
As to the 10 codes being sold. Try using the internet and you can usually find them inclduing specific ones for your area. This is the same as these people that sell manuals to items on ebay, many of which can be downloaded ...:] There will be buyers....

Status
Not open for further replies.