A visit to your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys. Had a chance to spend some time again in your state.
Was in Western Mass for a wedding.

Got a chance to monitor your state wide trunked system off the Mount Tom tower.
Even heard what I see now as Prisoner Exchanges on talkgroup 24208.
Figured they were further east, the accents were stronger (More Boston) and heard Worcester mentioned .
Found the audio on that and the Patrol B talkgroups was as subdued. Similiar to the analogue audio talkgroups on my provincial system.

Lots of comms in Pioneer Valley cities conventional PD & FD.

Must also say. What a beautiful part of the world your fine state is.It is quickly becomming a place where I would want to live.
So lush and green. People were friendly, even before the Celtics advanced!

Thanks to Garys for the files.

Eric

N1BHH

The western part of the state is absolutely one of the best kept secrets. Mount Greylock is the highest part of the state and has an awesome view. On a regular day you see into NY and VT, because they are right there and with excellent visibility you could see into NH and CT. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
N1BHH said:
The western part of the state is absolutely one of the best kept secrets. Mount Greylock is the highest part of the state and has an awesome view. On a regular day you see into NY and VT, because they are right there and with excellent visibility you could see into NH and CT. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Ya Boston gets all the glory but honestly Western Mass & all of New England pretty much has it all.
Four seasons that arent as harsh as down south or as cold as Canada (for the most part).
It is close enough to where I am originally from and where I live now and I a always felt comfortable there.

I always summered in Maine on the coast and spent loads of time in upstate NY and Vt.

If I ever choose to rec-locate from Canada I'd probably for the reasons mentioned up top move to the valley.

800crazy1

The western part of the state is absolutely one of the best kept secrets ...... LOL yea the lawmakers and politicians dont even know where here ....all the funding is from worcester east. ..... our bus service and other essential services are way underfunded compared to central and eastern ma. but all kidding aside we do have some really nice areas here. and our accents here are pretty much just a newengland twang. we dont pawk the caw and eat clam chowda .... but we do visit BASTON .... AND DRINK CAFFEE ... AND DO WORK IN AFFICES. AND EAT HOT DAGS . this part of the state our Os and As iv noticed are screwed up ... myself included according to my wife whos from florida. never noticed i had an accent till she brought it to my attention with sarcasim . glad you enjoyed the stay, and that were known as friendly.

raisindot

800crazy1 said:
The western part of the state is absolutely one of the best kept secrets ...... LOL yea the lawmakers and politicians dont even know where here ....all the funding is from worcester east. ..... our bus service and other essential services are way underfunded compared to central and eastern ma. but all kidding aside we do have some really nice areas here. and our accents here are pretty much just a newengland twang. we dont pawk the caw and eat clam chowda .... but we do visit BASTON .... AND DRINK CAFFEE ... AND DO WORK IN AFFICES. AND EAT HOT DAGS . this part of the state our Os and As iv noticed are screwed up ... myself included according to my wife whos from florida. never noticed i had an accent till she brought it to my attention with sarcasim . glad you enjoyed the stay, and that were known as friendly.

Let's face it...western MA is more a state of mind that anything else. By our typical Yankee provincial definition, it's the part of Massachusetts to the west of major north-south interstate nearest where *you* live where you'd never go and where all the yahoos live. If you live in Boston, everything west of Route 128 is western MA. If you live in Natick, MA like me, everything west of I-495 is western MA. If you live in Worcester, everything west of I-84 is western MA. If you live in Springield, everything west of I-91 is western MA. I imagine that if you live in Stockbridge, you'd consider Albany, NY to be western MA.

I mean, let's face it...could a town with a name like "Athol" be anywhere ELSE than in western MA? :)

Suzie in Eastern MA.

Last edited:

800crazy1

I STILL BELIEVE there are two states .... W.MASS and the rest of the so called STATE .... Worcester east !! but we all know where the MONEY IS gentleman .... DONT WE ?? and Ladys !

dic

Speaking of Toronto.

EJB, do you eat Japanese food?
There is a restaurant in Mississagua that is the only Japanese restaurant like it in North America.
It is one of the finest meals I have had in my ENTIRE LIFE!

Good Day, eh?

Dana

ecps92

But we are not a State. Remember, we are a Commonwealth. :)

I STILL BELIEVE there are two states .... W.MASS and the rest of the so called STATE .... Worcester east !! but we all know where the MONEY IS gentleman .... DONT WE ?? and Ladys !

N1BHH

Remember it's not a state, it's a Commonwealth. Why just look at the governor and what he rides in, costs more than what the previous two governors were driven around in, combined. Coupe Deval!

800crazy1

yea but the TAXPAYERS of western massachusetts that are probably paying for his "DEVAL" or coupe "de" patrick.

800crazy1

and since you guys are so smart .... we are the "commonwelth of WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS" still two states !! oh WOW ..... TWO COMMONWELTHS !

800crazy1

AND AGAIN .... think of it ..... commonWELTH ??? YEP THE WELTH IS IN BOSTON ... not in SPRINGFIELD .... OR W. Mass.

800crazy1

ok i have to end this little debate ..... my funding for this post was cut due to the posters from BOSTON .... we must let you BOSTON boys get more funding for posting !! ok im done venting now .

raisindot

ok i have to end this little debate ..... my funding for this post was cut due to the posters from BOSTON .... we must let you BOSTON boys get more funding for posting !! ok im done venting now .

Okay, '800, take a deep breath. Go polish your Smith & Wesson. Turn on FOX News. Bring out your old Mitt Romney for President bumper stickers from the garage. Go babysit Jane Swift's kids for a while. Everything will be all right. :)

If it helps, we 'easterners will send you out a care package of Brie, a six pack of Sam Adams Summer Festival Ale, a couple pints of Toscanny's mocha chip, and the "Cheers" DVD collection. In fact, we'll have the guv'nor deliver it himself in his Coupe. :)

Suzie, member of the eastern mass fund-cutting cabal.

800crazy1

too funny !! hey ..... well still be the forgotten commonwelth / state of massachusetts .....but were used to it... and the GOBBONER .... SAID WHEN ELECTED .... "i wont FORGET WESTERN MA. WHEN IM THE GOB !! LOL YEP ..... OK GOBBY BOY ! YOU'VE DONE WONDERS FOR US HERE IN W.MASS..... ! i think i took this off topic and apoligize .... just having fun with one of our favorite debates about east verses west .... so me taking this off topic im going to say its all in good fun and im done . love you people on the east side of the state . IM BOSTON all the way .... bruins ... SOX ... PATS and hopefully the Cs will have a title coming to them in 3 more games . were all newenglanders here and love the banter ... thanks

800crazy1

ohhh .... and as far as babysitting jane swifts kids .... if she can get one of the air units ... air 4- or 5 out of westover to bring them to my house .... the baby sittings on me ..... as far as MITT .... Im a democrat ..... my gun iv polished and is awaiting action.... preferably not self inflicted ....and i will take the SAM ADAMS ... how can ya refuse ? .... see i cant stop ... im having to much FUN but i am i think now done .... take care easterners ....

Status
Not open for further replies.