A Wild Night In Brooklyn Center MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
It definitely made for interesting listening!

I only hope and pray the Officer will be okay.(He was conscious when transported to the Hosp) LUCKILY, the BC FD was already on scene before the Officer arrived, and were the ones who called in the "Officer Down"

I was saddened to see the lack of TV news coverage(I only saw one channel mention it) These are the people who risk their lives for us, they at least deserve some attention if they are injured to hopefully stop it from happening again.

EDIT: He suffered a few scraps and bruises and was brought to an area hospital. He was later released and will be placed off duty while he recovers.

Last edited:

911scanner

I was saddened to see the lack of TV news coverage(I only saw one channel mention it) These are the people who risk their lives for us, they at least deserve some attention if they are injured to hopefully stop it from happening again.

EDIT: He suffered a few scraps and bruises and was brought to an area hospital. He was later released and will be placed off duty while he recovers.

I think you should have added something to your edit.....

While I did notice that the incident did not make the news roughly 1.25 hours after it happened, it did make the next morning news cycle.

While I do not and never have worked in the news business, if the officer had more serious injuries or had been OIS, I can guarantee it would have been a "breaking" story that made the news in such a short time.

I've noticed in my 20 some years of scanning that this is how the local news seems to prioritize these things. I always question it myself when I hear it on the scanner and it doesn't make the news until the next day, unless someone dies.

Sensationalism would probably answer the question there. Suffice it to say that it made all of the news sources with a report that he went home on Saturday morning.

MM

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
You have to understand all I knew when I wrote that was what I saw on one channel the night it happened. (Even the story I quoted in my edit was written 20min. after I wrote my reply on Sat.)

What I did see that night was a car with dents and a body shaped impression in the windshield.

I did watch the news the next morning and didn't see it. I watched almost two hours, and I learned nothing about the Officer, but I did see a 6 MIN. LONG segment on how to mix drinks with 2Gingers wiskey 2 GINGERS :roll:

Like I implied, I had wished it got more coverage so maybe the next person who sees police cars would; pay attention, slow down, and move over. But you're right "If it don't bleed, it don't lead" (Or at least bleed a lot)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.