AA Batteries Good Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

I have 24 AA re-chargable batteries that I rotate, but sometimes the charge time and the need for fresh batteries don't always coincide.
So I keep a stash of regular AA batteries on hand in case of a quick change needed or I'm on the road.
I found a GREAT deal online on Amazon for "Go Green" AA batteries. They come in packs of 20 for approximately $3.50 each. So I bought 5 packs totally 100 batteries for less than $17.00.
I just got the batteries in today, so I haven't used them yet, but I'm sure they're as good as any low cost AA batteries for what they charge i.e. $0.75 - $1.00 per battery.
If anybody has any experience good or bad with "Go Green" batteries, please share.
Thanks, Paul

Ranger0034

OK, I've tried out my "Go Green" AA batteries, and as the saying goes... "you get what you pay for".
I've used two sets of three batteries in my 436, they ONLY last 2.5 hours.
So, needless to say, not worth it.
But, thats how you learn, but again they'll do in emergencies as back-ups !

DJ11DLN

Harbor Freight Tools has cheapie AA batteries that last around 7 hours in my GRE800-type scanners, volume in the 25-MAX range and backlight on when a TX comes in. While they'll never replace my Eneloops, they're not a bad deal for a backup, especially if you catch them on sale and use the coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.