AA County Police System

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyesguy

I downloaded the AA Co police talkgroups [all 21], as shown in the Radio Reference database. I listen to the law dispatches primarily. I hear them frequently say they are going to "switch down". Before recently going digital I used to be able to follow the conversations. I can't seem to do that now. I have even tried scanning the entire county police system when they switch down, in an attempt to catch the talkgroup they switched to. No luck. I'm guessing the RR database doesn't relect these switch-downs? Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something? I'd like to assign those switch-downs to a scanlist, which I can activate whenever it's useful to follow the conversation.

Thanks
Karl

wyesguy

Back when they went digital, about 18 months ago? That explains it, as I've not heard them since. Interesting that those were the ones encrypted.

wyesguy

Thanks for checking. How does one recognize a talkgroup is encrypted? Is that the meaning of "E" under the Mode column heading in the RR database? If so, what does D and A mean? If not, how does one know?

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks for checking. How does one recognize a talkgroup is encrypted? Is that the meaning of "E" under the Mode column heading in the RR database? If so, what does D and A mean? If not, how does one know?

A = analog ("scatchy")
D = digital ("wobbly")
E = encrypted ("gibberish" - but some radios don't even stop on ENC talkgroups)
T = TDMA ("digital and same great taste, half the bits")

:lol:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

Float your mouse over the column header, and you should get a balloon with all the possible values and what they mean

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.