AA county system hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Listening to various systems on my 396 while fixing the wiki, I see that AA county's system is hanging up almost all its talkgroups, including tg1840 (ops 1). Evidently they had a system crash as I've heard several comments about 'the system being back up' and in being in condition (or code?) red
73 Mike

[edit] As of 8:24 looks like things are back to normal

Last edited:

pasadenamd

The Fire and Police have been having many problems. Police had to use their MDT's to contact dispatch. Fire alarm went on Condition Red. Then around 7:43 fire alarm had no radio communications. At 8:05 fire alarm went back on but still on condition red.

baydog

It sounds like FA is having problems again. I heard units contacting FA on 1C because of problems on 1B. In recent medical dispatches units have been told to respond on Charlie rather than Bravo.

troymail

Silent Key
It sounds like FA is having problems again. I heard units contacting FA on 1C because of problems on 1B. In recent medical dispatches units have been told to respond on Charlie rather than Bravo.

This time it was caused by a defective mobile radio (or it's microphone) on a engine.... once it was found and turned off, the problem went away.

I always thought that the dispatchers had an ability to "lock out" a radio (ID) if it was being abused, etc.... maybe not.

baydog

Fire Alarm on Yellow Alert 2:20PM Sunday

I heard FA tellling ENG 17-1 that they had lost SMEs. This was followed shortly by a special broadcast about yellow alert

dpm797

The yellow alert today was a problem with the CAD and radio interface NOT the radio system. It was a computer problem but on the CAD side not radio side.

baydog

Around 8:30 AM there was a continIous tone on 11E. The dispatcher told all units that could hear to switch to 11H.

Lots of testing this AM on TG 17552.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Also this morning, I had to lockout APD Dispatch TG, AACPD OPS-1, and one of AACFD TAC TG's - all due to what sounded like digital encryption, or an undecoded P-25 cc. Strange. I couldn't tell if it was from one frequency or not. I restored the TG's a little later in the morning.

troymail

Silent Key
I don't normally listen to PD but I did hear a sudden mass "roll call" of units showing up on "11 H" - which turned out to either be bad instructions (I suspect coming from a dispatcher) or alot of operator error... "11 H" in the radios right now is DIGITAL (TG 17520) and what they really wanted them to do was go to "71 H" (which I believe is the analog "11 H"). I wasn't sure what caused this but eventually the units all appeared to make it over to the analog "11 H".

Aside from the interesting activity that was occurring at the time in Eastern....

I also noticed on multiple occasions this morning just after all this that what sounded like the control channel suddenly appeared on a voice channel (at least that's what the PSR500 was saying). Given that it was Monday morning, I'm suspecting that some work was being done on the control channel as a result of the "outage" that occurred Friday night (but that's just a guess - wild speculation). If it's true, it seems the the PSR500 had trouble suddenly "shifting" to a different control channel frequency... A quick tap of the scan button fixed the problem each time... but it was pretty strange -- I don't think I'd ever seen that problem on my PSR500 before....

dpm797

Not just the PSR500 my PRO96 from R.S. had the same problem. I was off today but listening. The consoles in the communications centers are still designated with the analog talk groups asignments. Therefore when the dispatcher wanted the units on Eastern analog (71B) in portable radios to go to analog H (71H) in portable radios it caused some confusion. In the dispatch console analog H for Police would be 11H.

Status
Not open for further replies.