AA County TG-240

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinEar

I haven't paid a lot of attention to AA County Fire comms lately but tuned in during the storm and noticed Fire Alarm is dispatching on TG 240. Is this normal or is it just an additional dispatch slot to use during heavy activity such as this?

troymail

Silent Key
I haven't paid a lot of attention to AA County Fire comms lately but tuned in during the storm and noticed Fire Alarm is dispatching on TG 240. Is this normal or is it just an additional dispatch slot to use during heavy activity such as this?

Most times, when there is a storm etc as there is now, fire alarm moves lower priority "investigate", "wires down", and "pump out" calls to a different channel - usually 'charlie' (TG 80). Today, they seem to be using 'hotel' (TG 240) in addition to 'charlie' (TG 80).

Last edited:

TinEar

Most times, when there is a storm etc as there is now, fire alarm moves lower priority "investigate", "wires down", and "pump out" calls to a different channel - usually 'charlie' (TG 80). Today, they seem to be using 'hotel' (TG 240).

Thanks Troy. Yes, I was used to hearing all those type calls on Charle, but this is the first time I've run into Hotel. Apparently, it's not the normal overload channel/talkgroup. Doesn't matter where they show up - we'll find them. :wink:

Sounds like quite a bit of damage around the area. A good assessment is coming from the Baltimore area helo channel (123.025) with reports of storm damage to homes, trees down, roads blocked, etc. It's a much easier source than trying to listen to a dozen different police/fire departments. They're talking about tornado damage there in the Annapolis area.

There's another good sized weather cell moving toward us so guess we're going to do it all over again. And a third one behind that but not sure if that one will make it this far.

ResQguy

Meh
AA County is talking about setting up a unified command post in regards to evacuating a community near Jones Station Rd & Old County Rd.

Llwellyn

That would be consistent with the damage that I saw after I was able to leave work at the college; the debris field was heaviest towards Ritchie Highway along College Parkway and was getting lighter the further east on College Parkway I travelled.

We got ordered to shelter in place away from doors and windows approximately 1550; lost power approximately 1605 and didn't get an all-clear until 1630. The power is still out down there as I write this, along with most of Severna Park. There's even a couple of neighborhoods up here in my neck of the woods still out.

I estimate winds were in excess of 70mph for some duration based on the type and amount of debris. One of my coworkers got a call from his home that their back porch is no longer attached to the house. He lives close to the area you mentioned was going to be evac'd.

Around 1800 when I left, I could visibly see 3 helos and hear a 4th one. They were doing wide sweeping circles to get footage of the area. I would have loved to have had my scanner with me but I never take it to work since I can't pick up jack inside any of the buildings. They are total Faraday cages when it comes to radios and cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.