AA frequency swapout recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG0MX

Forgive me for asking this, but I've managed to completely confuse myself after "researching" this whole rebanding thing.....

According to:
http://www.wpascanner.com/reband/reband.htm , systems near the 854MHz mark, will be affected first.

Why on earth would Anne Arundel county move to 854 like they did last year if they have to turn right around and move again?? I thought this past move was, in effect, to avoid Nextel interference. Or is AA county done being tossed around? I mean, didn't we all just reprogram frequencies for this system just last year......or thereabout (it seems recent)?

Basically, from all I've read, since we're in the FCC zone 1 for rebanding, *and* AA county sits at 854Mhz, they'll be forced to move yet again. Do we have any info on this yet?

-Doug

maus92

Premium Subscriber
AACo was experiencing acute interference from Nextel, so they changed/swapped a few frequencies as an interim measure until rebanding.

CA
Annapolis

KG0MX

maus92 said:
AACo was experiencing acute interference from Nextel, so they changed/swapped a few frequencies as an interim measure until rebanding.

CA
Annapolis

Ahhhhhhhhh........thanks for the clarification. Now I totally understand. Seems so simply of a concept to pick up on here, but I guess I can be dense sometimes :)

Tnx!!

Status
Not open for further replies.