AAA towing

kb1tbu

Hello, does anyone ever listen to or hear AAA towing on the air? Does anyone know the freqs? Also, is it DMR or NXDN?

N1GAW

Premium Subscriber
Hello, does anyone ever listen to or hear AAA towing on the air? Does anyone know the freqs? Also, is it DMR or NXDN?
Where I'm located AAA Roadside uses cell phones and tablets, not radios, as do most tow companies in this area.

garys

Premium Subscriber
In MA at least, they have gone to none voice dispatching on tablets. The 900 Mhz commercial trunk they were using has gone completely silent on the former TGs.

In different parts of the country, they probably use different systems.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
When I have had to use AAA, the radios belong to the actual tow company and not AAA it's self. I would suggest finding what frequencies the tow companies use that contract for the service and go from there. If you live in a major metropolitan area as I do, there are many companies that contract with AAA. Different companies for different areas. I don't know if AAA operates their own service vehicles. If they do then the FCC files would be a place to start.
As stated above, they also use MDT's & tablets for the details of a call. Only the basic of information and general conversation are heard on the air anymore, no address's or names to prevent pirates from jumping on the calls.